• 109(current)
Release YouTube
Hi all. I have a fresh install with fresh keys.
I get logged in but whenever I click the subscriptions or try to search it immediately says "QuotaExceeded."
I'm going to assume it's something I can't change as I did put the api keys in correctly.

Youtube version 6.8.23+matrix.1

Kodi version 19.4
(2023-01-02, 20:18)kurgan2001 Wrote: Hi all. I have a fresh install with fresh keys.
I get logged in but whenever I click the subscriptions or try to search it immediately says "QuotaExceeded."
I'm going to assume it's something I can't change as I did put the api keys in correctly.

Kodi version 19.4

I figured it out.. I needed to make a whole new project and now just use the same project with new keys.. sigh.. at least I figured it out lol.
(2023-01-02, 21:14)kurgan2001 Wrote:
(2023-01-02, 20:18)kurgan2001 Wrote: Hi all. I have a fresh install with fresh keys.

Kodi version 19.4

I figured it out.. I needed to make a whole new project and now just use the same project with new keys.. sigh.. at least I figured it out lol.
since no edit button.. I needed to make a new project and NOT just use the same project with new keys.. but I got it.  Guess it's to be expected since I made that project in 2016 and some things I guess changed.
(2023-01-02, 14:56)blueribb Wrote: I can confirm that those videos crash (lock up) my Kodi installation on a Dell Desktop running Win 10. I am also running the Confluence Skin. I have never seen this problem before.

I don't often find bugs in Kodi, but when I do, I find the weirdest ones. (I previously discovered that Kodi crashes if the subtitle language in an MKV is flagged 'Yao', a Bantu language that maybe 2 million people speak. All cause someone flagged an anime fansub wrong.)
Exclamation 
I am unable to sign-in or even have a search resolve using the addon.  Behavior started around 1/6 or so after working fine for about a year.

Reinstalled Kodi and the addon, setup new API project and OAuth, and nothing works.  The JSON file looks correct.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Tried on two separate instances (though both are Minix UH-9 android boxes) to no avail.
@anxdpanic and problably also @UrsaMajor 

At right now i have tryed to open my Youtube addons on my OSMC setup........... on my case it's ever logged in whitout any issue and my addons it's ever works.

Right now and apparently when i open the ADDONS i appears LOGGED OUT. I can't see the usually My Subscription but firtst option it's an option say "Registrati" problably it's for logged in.

I don't thinks it's normal......... it's the current 6.24.1 not more works for login account ?

*EDIT*
On my case i have tryed to Register......... after first code on google.com/device i obtain an errors say:
ERROR 401 - Invalid Client Type.

I never obtain somethigs like this........ how i can fix this issue ?

On Log appears this two line:
Code:
2023-01-11 01:37:54.512 T:6563    ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{'error': 'invalid_client', 'error_description': 'Invalid client type.'}|
2023-01-11 01:37:54.563 T:6563    ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [401] invalid_client: Invalid client type.

*EDIT n.2*
FIXED My issue whit LOGIN.......

Apparently on my "https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials" i have to create a totally new combination of "ID client OAuth 2.0".
Until right now my VERY OLD id and secret it's ever works.......... it's problably a client not more compatibile... "Other Client 1" "Desktop"

For back to works i have to create a ID OAuth 2.0 whit "TV and limited entry". After i have obtain a new ID and new secret i have simply paste on my setting.xml of youtube addons.
Try to logged in...... need to open the usually two tabs on my browser put the two code and yeah apparently Youtube addons back to works.
Now need to test if i can watch all video from "My Subscription"
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Appreciate the tip but I fully recreated my OAuth to no avail. Just tried again, to make sure. If it's working for errybody else, at this point i think I'll just reset and reinstall the whole system. Wieird bug.
Plot thickens in my case of sign-on time-outs.  Wanting to rule out the network/router, I installed Kodi on a hardlined windows workstation, 19.3 same as my Minix boxes.  Added the YouTube addon and set the API config and everything worked as expected. 

My guess is there is something either specific to the android boxes or the WiFi (unlikely) that is stalling/timing out the auth request.  If I figure out what it is I will post here, but since my Minix UH-9's are about to be replaced anyway, I am crossing fingers a change of device will resolve this stupid issue.
Could someone try the following in Youtube (v6.8.24) installed on (latest) Nexus build;

Search content (I use quicksearch) for a random number of at least 4 digits, fe "1084".
This should provide results.

Now search for a number of 3 digits, fe "120".
This causes a hard crash for me on the latest official build and the Maven Nexus build.

It seems when you add a character it does not crash, fe "120fps".
No crash when using the latest Matrix build which uses the same version of the plugin.

I am unable to read any cause in the log as nothing is writen (crashed to mainscreen)

This issue came to light after I succesfully searched for "4k" to play a video to check for 4k (and/or 60 fps) support.
That worked as expected so I wanted to try if there were any 120fps videos (not supported I know by now) and the "120" part of the search query made things go boo boo.

My setup;

Shield pro tube (v7a)
Kodi 20 rc Nexus on android (galaxy note 9)
tried each yt addon from 6.23 and kodi crashes in my subscription everytime there's kanji/emoticons in a title if arial based police is active.
Didn't happen with previous kodi version (latest 19.x)
Happens only with youtube addon.
I wonder if it's an android kodi version problem.

If someone wishes to try:
Kodi 20 rc, youtube addon, subscribe to some japanese channels (I follow The First Take and some singers) and go to My Subscriptions. While browsing the videos if there are kanjis the crash occurs beetween 0 to 10s...
Hi,

I'm trying to create new own api credentials and login (fresh Kodi 20 installation on Android Shield).

In the process of creating the api keys, there is a new OAuth-Consent screen option and the app needs to be 'reviewed'.

Does anybody know how to avoid that? At the moment, i get an 403 access denied error, when I try to login into the youtube addon with the new credentials
(2023-01-15, 18:05)David7578 Wrote: Kodi 20 rc Nexus on android (galaxy note 9)
tried each yt addon from 6.23 and kodi crashes in my subscription everytime there's kanji/emoticons in a title if arial based police is active.

Kodi 20 rc, youtube addon, subscribe to some japanese channels (I follow The First Take and some singers) and go to My Subscriptions. While browsing the videos if there are kanjis the crash occurs beetween 0 to 10s...
I'm having the same issue but not just on YouTube. I've got files ive downloaded that have emojis and odd characters in filenames that also cause kodi to freeze on windows. Same on some other addons i use.

Displaying kanji is fine, It's just if the video title also includes unusual characters.

I've also noticed that it doesn't happen if I'm using the default Estuary skin. If i use others such as xonfluence or Unity it freezes as soon as i click on a foldea or try to go on a YouTube page with these odd file names.

Just noticed that if i change the font in estuary to 'arial based' it also starts crashing when going to a folder/channel with non English characters.

I think it's something to do with how kodi 20 is dealing with unicode fonts maybe?

an example video title.
"❤️ 𝑹𝒚𝒖𝒖𝒋𝒊𝒏 💜 on Twitter Miku Kobato I'm a pigeon, you know, do you no Po 🕊️#BANDMAID #bandmaidokyuji #MIKU httpst.coCJzTX0g8b5 Twitter.mp4"
(2023-01-17, 01:00)Steph09 Wrote:
(2023-01-15, 18:05)David7578 Wrote: Kodi 20 rc Nexus on android (galaxy note 9)

I'm having the same issue but not just on YouTube. I've got files ive downloaded that have emojis and odd characters in filenames that also cause kodi to freeze on windows. Same on some other addons i use.

Displaying kanji is fine, It's just if the video title also includes unusual characters.

I've also noticed that it doesn't happen if I'm using the default Estuary skin. If i use others such as xonfluence or Unity it freezes as soon as i click on a foldea or try to go on a YouTube page with these odd file names.

Just noticed that if i change the font in estuary to 'arial based' it also starts crashing when going to a folder/channel with non English characters.

I think it's something to do with how kodi 20 is dealing with unicode fonts maybe?

an example video title.
"❤️ 𝑹𝒚𝒖𝒖𝒋𝒊𝒏 💜 on Twitter Miku Kobato I'm a pigeon, you know, do you no Po 🕊️#BANDMAID #bandmaidokyuji #MIKU httpst.coCJzTX0g8b5 Twitter.mp4"

Bug also there for the windows version, thank you for sharing ! More severe too, I guess I never had the bug in my files from the nas.
Ah and BandMaid rules ♥️
(2023-01-16, 22:32)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to create new own api credentials and login (fresh Kodi 20 installation on Android Shield).

In the process of creating the api keys, there is a new OAuth-Consent screen option and the app needs to be 'reviewed'.

Does anybody know how to avoid that? At the moment, i get an 403 access denied error, when I try to login into the youtube addon with the new credentials

ok found out by myself: You have to add the user (yourself) in the OAuth-Consent screen
(2023-01-15, 18:05)David7578 Wrote: ... kodi crashes in my subscription everytime there's kanji/emoticons in a title if arial based police is active.
...I wonder if it's an android kodi version problem.
Can confirm I also get this error with Twitch listings as well as Youtube, on LibreELEC betas based on Kodi 20 for Linux.
Debug logs show a font error as the last entry before it falls over.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0