• 151(current)
Release YouTube
(2024-04-04, 18:21)lumin Wrote: I 'm using YouTube (6.8.25) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13. The hardware is Amlogic S905W   ARMv8-A (64-bit), Cortex-A53.

Recently youtube videos in saved playlists are stopped playing, show error: "Failed to get player response for video_id "WgOKPF8LkA8".
I can't upgrade anything, since YouTube 6.8.25 version is the latest available for my hardware. Below is part of log with error:

okixexexeb.kodi (paste)

How to fix this addon?

Perhaps addon YouTube 7.0.5 for Leia fix
your issue :

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
On Raspberry PI5, LibreELEC 11.0.6, Kodi 20.3 only previous 7.0.3.1 addon worked fine and none of later versions except for the new 7.0.5 from andxpanic repo.

Try this one for avoiding errors!!!
Hi,
Queuing is not working.
When playing next item, Kodi stops et returns home.
7.0.5 version (and same issue on previous ones)
Am I missing something?

Thanks.
(2024-04-04, 19:47)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-04-04, 18:21)lumin Wrote: I 'm using YouTube (6.8.25) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13. The hardware is Amlogic S905W   ARMv8-A (64-bit), Cortex-A53.

Recently youtube videos in saved playlists are stopped playing, show error: "Failed to get player response for video_id "WgOKPF8LkA8".
I can't upgrade anything, since YouTube 6.8.25 version is the latest available for my hardware. Below is part of log with error:

okixexexeb.kodi (paste)

How to fix this addon?

Perhaps addon YouTube 7.0.5 for Leia fix
your issue :

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...e/releases
 should I first uninstall YouTube 6.8.25? Is it possible first backup script/file where YouTube api key credentials are stored? (so that not to repeat this process again).
I tried to install plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5+leia.1.zip, but no success: "The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.26 could not be satisfied".
(2024-04-04, 22:47)lumin Wrote: I tried to install plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5+leia.1.zip, but no success: "The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.26 could not be satisfied".
Sorry I can't help. Perhaps I m wrong but Leia use Python 2.x.
So for me this error is strange

EDIT : IMHO Krypton is too old. No way for you to update Krypton to Leia ?
(2024-04-04, 22:01)lumin Wrote: should I first uninstall YouTube 6.8.25? Is it possible first backup script/file where YouTube api key credentials are stored? (so that not to repeat this process again).

yes, you can backup the folder "plugin.video.youtube" store here : ".. \ userdata \ addon_data \"
(2024-04-04, 23:48)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-04-04, 22:47)lumin Wrote: I tried to install plugin.video.youtube-7.0.5+leia.1.zip, but no success: "The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.26 could not be satisfied".

I'm not sure that hardware I have will support Leia. But based on error log, its safe to assume that the issue is not very complex, and its possible to fix it.
(2024-04-04, 23:51)Nanomani Wrote:
(2024-04-04, 22:01)lumin Wrote: should I first uninstall YouTube 6.8.25? Is it possible first backup script/file where YouTube api key credentials are stored? (so that not to repeat this process again).

yes, you can backup the folder "plugin.video.youtube" store here : ".. \ userdata \ addon_data \"
Depending on the host OS of your hardware the directory you have to backup and then restore is located at different places. For instance:
  • Ubuntu: /home/victor/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
  • LibreELEC: /storage/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
And there is no need to first uinstall 6.8.25. You can directly install new version. The only drawback (as far as I remember) is that with new YouTube addon versions the internal database version where your searching historial is is stored has changed and is not backwards compatible. So you better make a list (in a piece of paper) of your stored searches if you don't want to lose them, in case you have to turn back to 6.8.25!
Hi guys,

I need to reautheticate every couple of days. I assume google is forcing this. Anyone find a way to keep youtube authenticated ?

Thanks
(2024-04-05, 08:37)vichman Wrote:
(2024-04-04, 23:51)Nanomani Wrote:

Depending on the host OS of your hardware the directory you have to backup and then restore is located at different places. For instance:
  • Ubuntu: /home/victor/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
  • LibreELEC: /storage/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube
And there is no need to first uinstall 6.8.25. You can directly install new version. The only drawback (as far as I remember) is that with new YouTube addon versions the internal database version where your searching historial is is stored has changed and is not backwards compatible. So you better make a list (in a piece of paper) of your stored searches if you don't want to lose them, in case you have to turn back to 6.8.25!

Thanks for your feedback.

Indeed all usefull information about "userdata" location can be found here :
https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata#Location
(2024-04-05, 15:07)drjackel Wrote: Hi guys,

I need to reautheticate every couple of days. I assume google is forcing this. Anyone find a way to keep youtube authenticated ?

Thanks

This is not happening to me (Raspberry PI5 & LibreELEC 11.0.6, PC & Ubuntu 22.04, Kodi 20.3, YouTube 7.0.5). In fact, last time I had to authenticate it was months ago... Perhaps some other user could help you...
(2024-04-05, 00:54)lumin Wrote:
(2024-04-04, 23:48)Nanomani Wrote:

I'm not sure that hardware I have will support Leia. But based on error log, its safe to assume that the issue is not very complex, and its possible to fix it.
You can try That version for Leia It's old version, so You don't have all that stuff from v. 7.x.x, but it definitely still works for me on Leia until now.
(2024-04-06, 12:06)vichman Wrote:
(2024-04-05, 15:07)drjackel Wrote: Hi guys,

Thanks

This is not happening to me (Raspberry PI5 & LibreELEC 11.0.6, PC & Ubuntu 22.04, Kodi 20.3, YouTube 7.0.5). In fact, last time I had to authenticate it was months ago... Perhaps some other user could help you...

Not help, but just a data point.  I was just fine with 7.0.4, then ran into the authentication issue.  It asked me to login in.  The code was fine, get got an error on the plug-in.  I upgraded to 7.0.5, but still can login.  I get an invalid client error.  I will open a bug report later after work.
Hello, since version 7.0.5 (or possibly a bit earlier) I can't see the channel name in the video info anymore. I'm using Aeon Nox.
It was fine with 7.0.2. I checked all the possible settings, activating "Show Video Details" or similar options wherever I could find them. Does anyone knows how to fix it?
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0