• 7(current)
tinyMediaManager v4 and future plans
@fdummy71 there is a jvm parameter where you can set the location for the /data folder - this can be set via the launcher-extra.yml file:

Code:
---
javaHome: ""
jvmOpts:
- "-Dtmm.datafolder=C:\Programme\TMM_ANIME\data_anime\"
env: []

I don't know the exact syntax how to mask windows paths by heart and I have to windows here to test at the moment - but I am sure you find that faster as I get to a windows machine Wink

furthermore there is a little "problem" with this solution - you can only create 1 launcher-extra.yml per tmm instance (and cannot pass this jvm arg, because this is being interpreted as an launcher arg), but you could probably create a .bat file which

1. copy the launcher-extra-anime.yml to launcher-extra.yml
2. start tmm

when I have some time I may add a parameter to the launcher which can be used to override the filename for the extra launcher config (probably for 4.1)

@Seth77 there will be some changes in the license model soon because we listen to the community and we see that this is not the best option (although with this model users can test all features in a limited way).. stay tuned
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-12-22, 18:39)mlaggner Wrote: @fdummy71 there is a jvm parameter where you can set the location for the /data folder - this can be set via the launcher-extra.yml file:

Code:
---
javaHome: ""
jvmOpts:
- "-Dtmm.datafolder=C:\Programme\TMM_ANIME\data_anime\"
env: []

I don't know the exact syntax how to mask windows paths by heart and I have to windows here to test at the moment - but I am sure you find that faster as I get to a windows machine Wink

furthermore there is a little "problem" with this solution - you can only create 1 launcher-extra.yml per tmm instance (and cannot pass this jvm arg, because this is being interpreted as an launcher arg), but you could probably create a .bat file which

1. copy the launcher-extra-anime.yml to launcher-extra.yml
2. start tmm

when I have some time I may add a parameter to the launcher which can be used to override the filename for the extra launcher config (probably for 4.1)

@Seth77 there will be some changes in the license model soon because we listen to the community and we see that this is not the best option (although with this model users can test all features in a limited way).. stay tuned
Cool

the update is not workding for the v3
Thumbs Up 
@mlaggner Your solution works ....
My launcher-extra.yml  :

Code:
jvmOpts:
- "-Dtmm.datafolder=C:\\Program Files\\TMM\\data_anime\\"
Backslash has to be escaped or you get an error .... found unknown escape character

It seems i have to use "tinyMediaManagerCMD.exe" to start TMM from the batch file, the regular exe didnt worked for me ...
I can open more than one instance of TMM with different DBs at the same time .... nice ...

Alwas changing files is not the most beautiful solution but much better than multi TMM copies  ...

Inspired from your solution, I tried also:
Setting env-variable in batch and using it in the launcher-extra  .... but i cant get it to work ...
go-java-launcher should expand ENV variables like {{tmmdata}} but it seems it only do it in the env: section .... am i right ...?

But for now i have a solution .... Thanks
I just paid for v4, i haven't read the tread so not sure this has been raised before.

I think it difficult to see how much it cost to subscibe and think you should have the price added to the purchase button not in the middle of alot of text. This is a good price and don't have to be "hidden". I have waited longer than needed since i thought it was more expensive than it is. Only today i really read the text several times to see what the price is. 

In the green button on https://www.tinymediamanager.org/purchase/ or close to it in clear text you should have the price.
Hi there, I think maybe I set something up incorrectly but is there a way to put something in the episode NFOs to tell Kodi to scrape for episode thumbs? Or put the thumbnails in the nfo as a url rather than download them? Basically as I have all the episode NFOs currently all the episode thumbnails are just the same landscape image of the show, rather than episode thumbs. If i press re-scrape from internet it will get the episode thumbs but I dont want to do this manually for every show, or if there was a quick way to make kodi rescrape from interent for all shows pointing me to that would be nice too. 

https://imgur.com/a/GnrWjzF

I would like to keep space used on the minimal instead of downloading every single thumbnail for my huge library, if it is possible to either put urls for thumbnails in the nfo, or put something to tell Kodi to scrape for them it would be nice. Also I did try using Artwork beef already and it did not add any episode thumbnails.
Hey, I've read through the pages of the topic and I've read that you don't want to add a lifetime license because you don't want the app to phone internet to check the license, isn't tMM best used with Internet? I don't see the problem with an online license checking in a tool that is supposed to be mainly used online. So the app could check the license when it's added and then do periodic checks. Just my 2cents, and thanks for this great app, I really long to see a lifetime license option, I don't like subscriptions.
Moved in the right thread
The last Nightly Build for Windows (from Feb 3 2021 5:22) does not work : normal ?
(I've just copied the files from "tmm_4.1-SNAPSHOT_win.zip" to existing)
Kodi 19 has added a new listitem, ListItem.ReleaseDate

But it does not use the premiered tags in TMM4,

Can this be changed to what kodi is looking for?
please consider a lifetime licence Smile
@Kovu1102 sorry, but no - see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3004019
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2021-02-15, 14:06)mlaggner Wrote: @Kovu1102 sorry, but no - see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3004019

sadly i'll just stay a free customer then.. I think it's a tad rediculous you won't consider it at all
(2021-02-20, 17:16)Kovu1102 Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 14:06)mlaggner Wrote: @Kovu1102 sorry, but no - see https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3004019

sadly i'll just stay a free customer then.. I think it's a tad rediculous you won't consider it at all
and what is the roadmap for all future releases? you expect us to buy yearly lic right?
(2021-02-20, 17:18)Kovu1102 Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 17:16)Kovu1102 Wrote:

and what is the roadmap for all future releases? you expect us to buy yearly lic right?

Most developers are moving to a renewable license scema. As lifetime licenses are to easy to hack.

$10/yr. is a small price to pay to keep this awesome software alive!
there is no roadmap since tmm works as expected and over the past years we're mainly request-driven. The main work here is to fix bugs and implement feature requests and stay compatible with environment changes (API changes from scrapers, Kodi changes, Java/OS changes, ...)

but things we are investigating at the moment (does not mean they will be included!)

- HTTP API for remote "control" of tmm
- HTML webinterface
- postprocessing triggers (to call external programs from tmm)
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager v4 and future plans0