-DENABLE_MDNS=OFF \
  -DENABLE_ALSA=ON \
  -DENABLE_PULSEAUDIO=OFF \
  -DENABLE_SMBCLIENT=OFF \
  -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON \
  -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON \
  -DENABLE_AVAHI=OFF \
  -DMARIADBCLIENT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/mariadb

The build dependencies aren't properly identified during the configure stage. As a result the compilation failed numerous times during the build process. I then had to manually upgrade some system libraries. I'm now using mesa-17.3.9 and libdrm-2.4.102. The application compiles and the kodi-x11 exec is generated. But running this file results in a flat out segmentation fault.

One passing remark about this project. Whilst I can really appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this project, I wish to point out that the project should be aiming to be distribution agnostic. At the moment it's too heavily veered towards Debian. The package dependencies and naming is ripped straight out of Debian. Include the dependencies internally and build internally if you have to.
You are not correct with your last statement. kodi is the appliance of LibreELEC which is a Linux from scratch approach, it runs on arch, gentoo, opensuse and many others. I would not confuse "OS agnostic" with using a distribution from the stone-age. Your mesa libraries are more than 3 years old, full of CVE bugs and not supported anymore by anyone - not sure what you expect.

Sorry, if you choose your poison, don't complain.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I said distribution agnostic not OS agnostic. The mesa library is fine. The dependency is satisfied. The package compiles. It then segfaults.

Are you able to confirm if any of these config build options are mandatory:

Code:
  -DENABLE_MDNS=OFF \
  -DENABLE_PULSEAUDIO=OFF \
  -DENABLE_SMBCLIENT=OFF \
  -DENABLE_AVAHI=OFF \

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Leia Branch Builds but Segfaults0