• 31(current)
Bugs and Suggestions
skunkm0nkee Wrote:That sounds like memory issues (netwrok cacheing usually needs more memory than local cacheing). Try the new v0.92 release Big Grin
Thanks that actually solved the problem. Not it's pretty much flawless. Now to figure out why most of my movies are duplicated in library mode.
thonton Wrote:ImageImage

i have problem with the content-menu of my music -> shoutcast links.. for example

sorry, if it a double post

Yeah, I have that bug aswell. Happens when you disable thumbs in a category. Hope they will fix it soon.

And that they fix the clock bug Smile
That was fixed earlier in the week and I posted to say so (can't remember which thread or which day but I definitely remember doing it)

As for the time alignment, it was an issue with XBMC itself and a fix is now in SVN so should filter it's way through to builds etc soon enough
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but i noticed on Mediastream when im on the tv shows selection my fan art displays. But when it goes to transition to the next fan art it fades out to a complete black for about 20 seconds before the next image fades. This only happens occasionally and if i do a reset it seems to fix itself.

And secondly is there a way to speed up the transition time between fanart? It seems to be about 25 seconds right now, I'd like to have it closer 6-7 seconds.
eQUIV Wrote:Forgive me if this has already been covered, but i noticed on Mediastream when im on the tv shows selection my fan art displays. But when it goes to transition to the next fan art it fades out to a complete black for about 20 seconds before the next image fades. This only happens occasionally and if i do a reset it seems to fix itself.

And secondly is there a way to speed up the transition time between fanart? It seems to be about 25 seconds right now, I'd like to have it closer 6-7 seconds.

I'd like it to be less than a second tbh but that time is the time it takes for the image to get loaded into memory. Not a lot we can do about that I'm afraid Confused
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'd like it to be less than a second tbh but that time is the time it takes for the image to get loaded into memory. Not a lot we can do about that I'm afraid Confused

Is this just for the fanart or does this apply to the background switching as well? I'd love to be able to speed up the backgrounds a bit (even if I have to manually edit the timer).
Couple of suggestions for an already great skin Smile

1. For music can the main option always open the library and if you press right and choose browse it always open in files mode, think this is how movies\tv shows work. At the moment it appears to just go to how you left it with either option.

2. Would it be possible to put a link on the sub menus from the main screen for plugins. Eg, if I press right on movies I can choose plugins and then it opens the plugins window. Currently as I use library only I have to choose browse and then plugins.

Thanks again for the great skin, my new default Smile
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'd like it to be less than a second tbh but that time is the time it takes for the image to get loaded into memory. Not a lot we can do about that I'm afraid Confused

It is possible to adjust though? I was just wondering where in the xml I can go in and play with this setting? Because I noticed the transition speed on the Aeon skin is a bit faster, so I imagine its possible to increase the speed no?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:That was fixed earlier in the week and I posted to say so (can't remember which thread or which day but I definitely remember doing it)

As for the time alignment, it was an issue with XBMC itself and a fix is now in SVN so should filter it's way through to builds etc soon enough

Awesome Smile
eQUIV Wrote:It is possible to adjust though? I was just wondering where in the xml I can go in and play with this setting? Because I noticed the transition speed on the Aeon skin is a bit faster, so I imagine its possible to increase the speed no?

To anyone who's interested, i found the code that controls the transition speed of each background. I changed mine to a 6 second delay and it works very smoothly.

Go into the Mediastream/720p folder and open up Includes.xml

search for the piece of code <timeperimage> change the middle number to whatever you like, mine is set for 6 seconds so it looks like:

<timeperimage>6000</timeperimage>
procrastineer Wrote:Thanks that actually solved the problem. Not it's pretty much flawless. Now to figure out why most of my movies are duplicated in library mode.

if you rename or move the files it will create dups. have you gone into video library settings and run "clean library"?
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I find when in TV Shows mode, that the GUI takes up a little too much screen real estate. I enjoy seeing the fan art (yeah, call me a fan art fanboy if you must) but I find that having 3/4 of the screen being used by the GUI is a bit much.

Are there any plans to add new views to TV Shows so us "fanboys" can see more fan-art? Smile
stokkes Wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I find when in TV Shows mode, that the GUI takes up a little too much screen real estate. I enjoy seeing the fan art (yeah, call me a fan art fanboy if you must) but I find that having 3/4 of the screen being used by the GUI is a bit much.

Are there any plans to add new views to TV Shows so us "fanboys" can see more fan-art? Smile

I'd love to see a version of 'Media Preview' (with hidden info) for TV Episodes.
Maybe a "FanArt" view for both Movies/TV/etc for "fanart fanboys".. These views would keep 1/2 to 3/4 of the screen for fanart display while using the rest for navigation/information..

Here's an example of a theme in progress for MP which shows a bit more fan-art:
(Movies):
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=httyc8&s=4
(TV):
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24ox0fn&s=4

Just a suggestion, and an FYI while I'm at it: all the comments I get from people viewing my HTPC are basically from the fan-art. Comments such as "Oooh, how do you get those pictures of the movies or tv shows to appear when you're scrolling through the movies".

My opinion maybe, but I think fanart adds a lot to the experience, even though I'm sure some will argue in favour of using more screen real estate over fanart Smile
Speaking of Media Preview,

I like the "old" (0.91?) Media Preview instead of the new animated one. While the animations look nice, I found it a bit more useful to have the mini-coverflow mode just below the movie information.

IMO, the way it is now, the top right where the movies drop from looks a bit tacky to me.

Don't want to appear like I'm nitpicking, because this is frankly probably one of the best themes I've used since XBMC/XBMP and I'm loving the experience it's giving me.. Just trying to give my 0.02$ Big Grin
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs and Suggestions3