XBMCbuntu 12.2 and writing to NTFS drives
Hi guys,

Simple question, it's the end of 2013 and we're up to 12.2 now with XBMCbuntu,

Can XBMCbuntu easily write to an NTFS drive?

My 3TB USB3 NTFS drive automounts, reads no problem, but can it write to it without having to mess around with fstab?

Thanks
yes
Hmm, my xbmc box will not write to my NTFS drive. I've installed NTFS-3G from the command line but to no avail. Is there a simple package I need to install?
brilliant
Everything okay now? Last time I tried XBMCbuntu it worked "out-of-the-box" for NTFS for me, but that was a while ago.
(2013-11-28, 20:05)meathane Wrote: Hmm, my xbmc box will not write to my NTFS drive. I've installed NTFS-3G from the command line but to no avail. Is there a simple package I need to install?

The only package related to NTFS intalled on my system is ntfs-3g and I can write any NTFS disk mounted on my system. No meter it the disk is preset in fstab or is a portable one plunged for the 1st time (in this case not @ fstab).
Do you have any kind of error trying to write to NTFS? Anything on syslog, dmesg or any error on console?

Cheers.
First question, what is the output of
Code:
mount
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
confusingly, my 3TB drive is actually called '2TB' (in the Finder on my Mac)

here's the output

root@revo:~# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro,commit=0)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)
none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=5242880)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/EFI type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,uhelper=udisks)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/2TB type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096,default_permissions)
Everything is mounted read write (rw) from what I csn see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu 12.2 and writing to NTFS drives0