Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-12, 19:24)volatyle Wrote: For those of you that have been able to play around with the new Chromecast;
I've been thinking of getting a Nvidia Shield 2019 - or a CCWGTV to play my ripped content through either Plex or Kodi - 4K HDR content.

I really prefer the simplier CCWGTV solution - do you reckon it'll work or am I better off just getting the Shield anyway?

Vol

The Shield TV looks to be a much better solution for pure Kodi use if you have an AVR and care about frame rates.  However if you just want Kodi with very good support - then an AMLogic box will deliver similar performance - if not better in some cases - than the Shield TV.  The Chromecast with Google TV is a non-starter with no HD Audio or Frame Rate switching support.

If you want very good Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc. then the Apple TV 4K is a better bet in many respects (decent frame rate switching on all sources unlike almost every other platform - though 24 vs 23.976 is still an issue I believe, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for streaming sources) - though you have to run MrMC not Kodi (it's a fork of Kodi with no Python add ons) and don't get HD Audio bitstreamed (but you do get decent PCM decode - though no True HD + Atmos or DTS:x)

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2020-10-12, 21:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0