Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-14, 21:25)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-10-14, 01:38)foxbat121 Wrote:
(2020-10-14, 01:29)DoctorBR Wrote: Auto Frame Rate Switching works on both Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (MDZ-16-AB) and Xiaomi Mi Box S (MDZ-22-AB) ...

both my Verizon Stream TV and CCTGV show a single resolution and refresh rate, 1080p59
That's bad for you - but has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the state of Refresh-Rate switching in kodi in general and on Android especially. FireTV 4K, FireTV Cube supports Refreshrate and resolution switching and you get a long list of resolutions in kodi. I have no idea why you generalize your statements, while choosing to non-state-of-the-art boxes to prove your assumption ... it makes no sense.

Refreshrate switching works on every device that implements the official Android API to do so - and guess what - kodi will then work with those devices. There is not a single Shield specific code line in kodi.
To be clear, I'm not saying that Kodi can't do refresh rate switching. But the core issue here seems to be that for some reason Kodi can't get a list of supported resolutions and refresh rates out of this latest offerings from Google itself. My question is simply why is that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by foxbat121 - 2020-10-15, 00:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0