Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-12-31, 08:46)fritsch Wrote: Here is the testbuild: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk Enable debug logging play your multi-channel file, post the log, report if you heard something.

Does multi-channel work for no one?
Test build works. Smile

As soon as Kodi started, my AVR switched to 7.1 PCM, and it stayed on it as I played the same four files I had only been getting stereo on. IOW, it's the same as the Fire Stick behavior before Amazon broke it with their update. Do you still need a log file? I'll post tomorrow if you do, and let me know if you need the adb log.

BTW, before I installed your test build, I experimented with setting Kodi to passthrough. Multichannel DD passed through fine, but AAC came out as stereo. When I tried to play my DTSMA file, I got no audio at all, playback froze after about 10 seconds, and I had to force-quit Kodi. I had set all the passthrough formats to "on" in the Kodi audio settings, as my AVR does support them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by crawfish - 2020-12-31, 09:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0