Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-01-03, 01:11)fritsch Wrote: We tested internally the playback of 4K HEVC 10 bit files and actually of them were working, including the 59.94p version.

Could you please post a mediainfo from a file that does not work, please?

As I promised, here are all required informations:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

- There are 2 precisely cutted log records about playing with Kodi the problem less 8bit and the problematic 10bit files,
- and 2 small slices from those corresponding videos, witch are more than enough for testing, as with ~1 frame per sec performance the problem could be realized immediately. (The colors are 'misaligned' (purple like background behind the 'D' logo, instead of the original blue and 'of course' too high dark levels (I mean 'of course' without without dynamic compression)), but those are the next and less annoying things...)

Over on these I really can confirm that there are 10bit HEVC files what are truly working! But there are such - problematic - files also. Not just one, more, much, and they are problemless with other 'player solutions'... Sadly I could not determine yet what is the relevant difference (basic color space/gamut informations is only 'TV' on working files and 'TV, BT.2020...' on the problematic but don't think this could be the source of the problem) why Kodi seems to play the problematic files with SW decoding instead of HW.

Hope it could help you, and of course for us also.

Lot of thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by Tamas.Toth.ebola - 2021-01-12, 21:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0