Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-01-19, 21:57)Tamas.Toth.ebola Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 00:47)rexian Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 09:47)fritsch Wrote: 10-bit H264 - I highly doubt that it plays a 90Mbit sample - post a mediainfo and Debug Log please.

Did you mean 10 bit HEVC / H265 by chance?
Here is the partial debug log. Entire file was too big for hastebin so hopefully it has the important details. If not, please let me know and I'll find another place to upload.

TV is Sharp 1080p SDR TV that only supports PCM 2.0 and AC3 audio. I tried the samples from makemkv dvtest and demolandia. Here are my observations -

1. P7 FEL and MEL - both samples stutter badly. FPS goes down to 1. These are the most important samples as makemkv remuxes are in this format.

2. P81 - video starts a bit late and audio plays fine until the video starts and then both stutter. Plays at 1-4 FPS.

3. P5 - smooth playback (58-60 FPS) for both audio and video but the color is off. Blue looks like cyan.

4. P4 - smooth playback and no color issue.

5. NASA DV MP4 - smooth playback and no color issue.

6. Didn't try today but H264 8-bit files as well H265 non-HDR 10-bit files play absolutely fine.

Case 1. & 2. seems absolutely the same what we investigated in the last some days weeks, just please read a little bit back. Seems that there is some type of h265 HDR files what not automatically and properly HW decoded. If you switch off the usage of 'Media Surface' (just that) you will get working result but not fluid as water. I had some h265 10bit files what give exactly the same results what you wrote (1-2-3-4 frame per sec. playback performance). But not all h265 HDR files do the same. There are surely and absolutely working h265 HDR files. Sadly yet I could not properly determine which files works and which not, but I'm still in investigation, and currently checking 'your' files also. So you should really read back for the last some days/weeks. Bitrate differences seemed not relevant for the problem (at least for me, yet...).

File P5 seems interesting as the cyan colorization is clearly visible but that file is even non HDR so the misaligned colors should be surely not because wrong HDR>SDR DRC. (Moreover the colors are off on my desktop also not just on GCGTV)
Update #1: This is really interesting. The same video from Demolandia but in MP4 container recognized as Dolby Vision (HDR) file by MediaInfo. The MKV containered one not recognized as it is. But independently which file is used Kodi on desktop not do tonemapping on these videos. On P7 FEL tonemapping works 'fine'. I'm starting to be crazy because these file typesSad

So there are clearly working and also are non-working h265 HDR files as we discussed it before with @fritsch. 8bit files work always fine independently from the stream/encoding type.

Ok, what I know now that Kodi on desktop not recognize HDR content just in case if the stream is HDR10 stream. If the stream is 10bit stream but not HDR10 then Kodi not handle it as HDR and this is also true for Dolby Vision HDR streams. Kodi on desktop not recognize them. But this is a different problem then Kodi on GCGTV stutters on some HDR files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by Tamas.Toth.ebola - 2021-01-19, 22:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0