Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-11-10, 10:54)noggin Wrote:
(2021-11-10, 01:37)jalcaid001 Wrote: The problem I'm having now is with dolby vision content.
I use 'match content' on HDR  option.

Dolby vison plays fine via Netflix (TV recognizes it), but not via Kodi. Is this a limitation on the box?

Has anyone confirmed that the Google Chromecast with Google TV will replay Dolby Vision content in Kodi?  (Some Kodi platforms that do replay DV are limited to DV in an mp4 container and won't replay DV in an MKV container in DV also. Plus there is the continuing saga of multiple DV profiles, single vs dual layer DV etc. with some devices only handling a sub-set of DV profiles.  Many won't replay iPhone DV for instance as that is HLG rather than PQ/HDR10 based, others will replay single layer DV but not dual layer DV, whilst some will not handle non-standard single-layer DV such as that created from UHD rips)
I tried  P4_LG_Dolby_Trailer_4K_Demo.mkv from the Kodi samples pages and it didn't play it with dolby vision.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by jalcaid001 - 2021-11-10, 14:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0