Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-11-11, 00:49)Eleanor Wrote: Hello everybody! Sorry if I'm being a pain, but this is a long thread, and I want to make sure I have an up-to-date answer for this. Under Kodi, does this device now support automatic (as in, application-controlled) switching of both frame rate and resolution to match the video? If yes, does that include 576p and 480p output? And does it properly support Dolby Digital Plus audio pass-through? (I don't need HD audio right now).

My understanding is that the output is still fixed in frame rate terms, with no support for Google's Frame Rate switching API (that's been present in Android TV for a while) or the new support for HDMI 2.1 'invisible' frame rate switching (which avoids the resync disturbances that used to accompany frame rate changes?).

** EDIT - just checked, with the latest firmware, still only one resolution and frame rate - appear in the whitelist **

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2021-11-11, 10:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0