Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-11-27, 13:36)Victoare Wrote: Hi Guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right topic for my problem, but seems fitting.
It is maybe a hardware issue, or kodis approach to some hardware level, not really sure.

My chain of media access is: Win2019 server -> smb share with username+password -> 5G Ubiquity wifi within a couple of meters -> chromecast with google tv -> Kodi 19.3

The problem is: Videos freeze during play.
When the freeze happens, the ui, and the hardware is still stay responsible: i can hit "ok" and navigate around, or "back" and go back to main menu, although when i hit stop it took 5-30sec to stop the video from playing. In that time i cannot restart the video nor start a new one)
The time of freeze seems random (sometimes it happens after 1-2min sometimes within 20-30min of play)

The things i tried / checked:
- tried to cool the device, but it did not help (cannot check the proper inner temperature, but to the touch it was cooler)
- checked the net speed (at least through internet speed test - 220+MB/s downstream)
- played 4k vids without any hickups using youtube client.
- tried to change the UI resolution of the chromecast (from 4k to 1080p, no affect on the outcome)
- play the same video using VLC on the same hardware, it worked fine (over wifi)
- also tried with multiple 1080p and lower resolution medias as well.
- tried to downgrade Kodi to 18.9 but it did the same thing.
- added a type c dongle with ethernet, and now the videos are played (seemingly) without any problems on Kodi

So at this point i think i could narrowed it down to "it is something with kodi and wifi together".

Can i somewhat provide a meaningful log or any more testing for the devs to help elaborate this issue?
I was referring to that post, I didn't realize I quoted your post. Sorry

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by Pelayo - 2022-02-01, 17:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0