Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2022-03-04, 21:41)Kravatak76 Wrote: great, it works. thank you very much!  so now when I update the library, everything will be stored in external storage?

Yep. You can verify it's no longer using internal storage by running the following command:

Code:
adb shell ls -la /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
ls: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi: No such file or directory
When you change the path to wherever it is on your external drive, it should list the contents of .kodi.
ETA: You can also turn on debug logging, and the location of the logfile will be displayed in the upper left.
Quote:The last problem I discovered is that I can't see the external drive when I want to add a new file source for the video library so I cant add a specific folder as a new source. On the contrary, a whole external disk was added as a source, but I am not interested in it. So far, I've solved this by finding the specific folder on the external disk and setting it as a TV Show type to add to the library, but maybe that's exactly the right solution.

That's how it works. From memory, I created a source called "TV", and I added several directories on my NAS containing TV shows to it. Then I set the source type to "TV shows".

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by crawfish - 2022-03-05, 03:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0