Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2022-12-21, 11:58)fuccio Wrote: Yes, I bought it a week ago and it was immediately updated.
Could you explain in detail how you moved that file, maybe I'm doing something wrong, and what app did you use?
since I wanted to do a clean install I didn't back up the library on the previous device, it will be a bit long but I prefer to do it again solved this problem

I use adb on my PC to manage my Android devices, including CCwGTV, Fire Stick 4K, and Sony A80J TV. I didn't have to root any of them, if that's a concern, but again, this was all on Android 10 and below. I don't know if Android 12 is a factor. For any version, you have to enable Developer options, and when you first connect and at various other times, like after applying an update, the device will ask you to approve the connection. Thus, I sometimes (rarely, actually) have to turn on the TV to approve the connection. I use adb to install Kodi updates, backup/restore the .kodi folder, copy config files to my PC for editing and then to copy back to the device, etc. Below are some commands I use, and the xxxx-xxxx strings are placeholders for the hex digits Android assigns to my SSD or thumb drive; sorry, I didn't save the command I used to copy xbmc_env.properties, but it would be an "adb push" to the root of internal storage, so the path for that will be different than below.

Code:
adb shell ls -la /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi

adb pull /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

adb pull /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
adb push advancedsettings.xml /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
adb shell cat /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Backup: adb pull /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi .kodi
Restore: adb push .kodi /storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi

Upgrade: adb install -r filename

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by crawfish - 2022-12-21, 20:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0