MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-01-16, 02:05)hdmkv Wrote: The Verizon box does have Netflix 4K I believe.

@clarkss12, I asked this of the YT'er on KM6 Deluxe and haven't gotten a reply. Look forward to you informing us Smile
Quote:Is HLG HDR supported from YouTube? Does your TV indicate HLG? Also for local media, Prime Video and Disney+, is 23.976 supported, or does content play at 60? Finally, is ATMOS supported for local media; what about DTS-HD MA?

It maybe awhile before I receive my box, they have not even shipped it yet. 

I have the Mecool KM1 already, but as with all of these types of devices, they lack features.  

Now that I have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k, and they are broadcasting in HEVC with Dolby AC-4, these Mecool boxes show that they support the audio codec, but it doesn't work. My Nvidia and Tivo 4k are the two Android devices that have audio using the HDHomeRun app with the HEVC channels.

My KM1 only plays my 4k  Vudu movies in HD and not UHD, hoping the KM6 deluxe will play in UHD, but I doubt it.  But as I recall only my Nvidia Shield plays my 4k Vudu movies in 4k (Android devices).  

I am guessing that most of your questions will be a resounding "NO".... Smile

I have no real reason to purchase that new Mecool box, knowing that it will fall shot of my wants (not expectations).  Still searching for the holy grail of Android boxes..........
BTW, for some reason, I hate my Shield and rarely use it...... 

Out of Allllllllll of my boxes that I have acquired over the last few years, that Beelink GS King X (formfactor with 2 internal drive bays), is my favorite.......  I am running Alvatech's ATV ROM, and the "file server" is great for my needs.......  Surprisingly, even Vudu and Google Play movies play in HD with DD+, which it totally amazing since it is not Google Certified.
For several years, I was using my 4TB WD (SiliconDust Kickstarter) as my HDHomeRun DVR, I finally  shut it down and now using my GS King X as my HDHomeRun DVR.  I am even running the Emby server running on it.........
But, my needs and wants are completely different from the mainstream.......  Today, all people want to do is just stream, and any Google Certified box or Roku, etc. will work for them.  I don't know anyone that I would recommend my devices to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC - by clarkss12 - 2021-01-16, 03:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0