MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-02-08, 16:41)yougz Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 00:37)clarkss12 Wrote: Nvidia Shield  >> Netflix HDR shows HDR 10 on my TV stats,  NO frame rate switching.  DD+ audio
KM6 Deluxe  >>  Netflix HDR shows HDR 10 on my TV stats, with frame rate switching.  DD+ audio

Yes, it is running a modded ATV version of Netflix, and can be "killed" at anytime.........  But, I pay for Netflix, should be MY choice which device I choose to watch it on.  This device has all the copy protection, but Netflix is just greedy.
Apparently the Mecool KM6 has HDR which is always on. So for any content the HDR is enabled even if the video is SDR so this is a big problem because the image on SDR videos (the majority of videos in 2020) is not beautiful and is dull and Colors are washed out if HDR mode is left on.

This is the same bug as on the Nokia Streaming box 8000 and on the Tivo Stream 4K.

So are you sure it's Netflix HDR and not just because HDR is always on?

Do you not mind the permanently activated HDR?

Or else did you find an HDR switch button or a way to turn it off? As there is on the new Chromecast ...
Those are absolutely good questions.  I just got a new HDR TV recently, and got rid of my 4.5 year old NON-HDR Sammy TV.  But you are correct about the ability to turn off the HDR.  I could NOT use my Tivo stream 4k, nor Dynalink, etc because of lack of the setting to disable the HDR.  I forgot about that bug until you just asked, but this device does NOT have that setting either, that I can see.

About Netflix in 4k, I am going to do some more testing.......... Comparing it to my Shield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC - by clarkss12 - 2021-02-08, 20:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0