• 12(current)
Alpha GTV
(2021-04-02, 15:34)Japangelo Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 09:19)roidy Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 00:31)Japangelo Wrote: https://www.xda-developers.com/files/202...ws-Tab.jpg

One thing that I always liked about Google tv is that maximized landscape aspect at the top for tv shows and movies. I don't even know if something like that can be implemented in Kodi but I would love the see it happen in your skin..I know your very busy working with skinshortcuts now and I'm very happy about it 😊

It's do-able, the problem is it's not a 16:9 aspect ratio widget so finding artwork to fill it is hard. Some art will look fine but others will end up with text or peoples heads cropped off.

Yeah I see..it looks like a freaking 21:9 lol..I'd be very happy to just have a bigger version of the landscape aspect that is still 16:9 Wink

hi

I agree  if its possible
(2021-04-02, 20:31)Gi0vann1 Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 15:34)Japangelo Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 09:19)roidy Wrote: It's do-able, the problem is it's not a 16:9 aspect ratio widget so finding artwork to fill it is hard. Some art will look fine but others will end up with text or peoples heads cropped off.

Yeah I see..it looks like a freaking 21:9 lol..I'd be very happy to just have a bigger version of the landscape aspect that is still 16:9 Wink

hi

I agree  if its possible

Already working on it Big Grin I actually like that style of widget as well.
(2021-04-02, 20:42)roidy Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 15:34)Japangelo Wrote: Yeah I see..it looks like a freaking 21:9 lol..I'd be very happy to just have a bigger version of the landscape aspect that is still 16:9 Wink

hi

I agree  if its possible

great, I hope that they will be able to benefit from it,
  We miss your update of the week !!! guy
(2021-04-02, 20:42)roidy Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 15:34)Japangelo Wrote: Yeah I see..it looks like a freaking 21:9 lol..I'd be very happy to just have a bigger version of the landscape aspect that is still 16:9 Wink

hi

I agree  if its possible

I'm glad I gave a good input then ahaha thanks hope to see an update soon
A quick wip video

https://streamable.com/xaar71

Big shout out to @bsoriano for explaining how skinshortcuts works and answering a lot of questions Big Grin

Still a lot more to do but it's getting there.
(2021-04-06, 13:34)roidy Wrote: A quick wip video

Big shout out to @bsoriano for explaining how skinshortcuts works and answering a lot of questions Big Grin

Wow! That looks amazing!

Sorry, pressed twice

@roidy , well done!!!!! This is looking awesome indeed.  Glad I could help.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@roidy - That looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Looks class that mate. Am curious as to what your planning for submenus?  I remember you were talking about just having a row beneath main menu , but you haven't left room so have you come up with an alternative ?
Looks fantastic

Will there be an option to remove the plot from the large widget ? On the video it looks like it only shows first line so think it would just look neater with the title and no plot or title and just the tag line ?

Just a suggestion - great work so far
It looks awesome guys, can’t wait to test this😃
(2021-04-06, 20:33)ontap Wrote: Looks class that mate. Am curious as to what your planning for submenus?  I remember you were talking about just having a row beneath main menu , but you haven't left room so have you come up with an alternative ?

Sorry, completely forgot to demo the submenus, here you go

https://streamable.com/bpa7c5

The submenu is animated in and out of view when needed.
(2021-04-06, 22:02)sasquatchjaques Wrote: Will there be an option to remove the plot from the large widget ? On the video it looks like it only shows first line so think it would just look neater with the title and no plot or title and just the tag line ?

Yep, it should use the tagline for movies if available and then fallback to the plot. The same should happen for TV shows unfortunately none of the shows in my test library seem to have a tagline even through TMDB has them..... Could be a problem with the scraper?

Update:- Seems like Kodi doesn't support taglines for tv shows in the database Sad
Personally I’d use the option to display tag line if no tag line just to display title - users can display plot via long press (additional info for example)

Think this would keep the Main screen clean and clutter free (just my opinion)

Look forward to seeing how this progresses

(2021-04-07, 10:14)roidy Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 22:02)sasquatchjaques Wrote: Will there be an option to remove the plot from the large widget ? On the video it looks like it only shows first line so think it would just look neater with the title and no plot or title and just the tag line ?

Yep, it should use the tagline for movies if available and then fallback to the plot. The same should happen for TV shows unfortunately none of the shows in my test library seem to have a tagline even through TMDB has them..... Could be a problem with the scraper?

Update:- Seems like Kodi doesn't support taglines for tv shows in the database Sad
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GTV0