Keeping up to date?
Hi,

Im running 2 clients and 1 MySQL server with SMB fileshares. The two clients is Windows 10(Intel Nuc) and Android(NVidia Shield).

Right now I run Kodi version 18.8 on both clients. The question is how I can easly keep them both updated without doing double setup and without risking problems? I suspect that the most stable version is a couple of versions back like I do now? The problem is that Android App store do not allow picking version, right? So then I have to manually copy and setup? That is a lot of work in Android.

I was running 2 windows 10(Intel Nuc) before and all I had to do was to download, move settings from my current version and then copy all the files to both clients(portable mode). Now when running one Android client it is a bit harder. I want to avoid setting everything up twice so how should I handle this to avoid hassle?
It shouldn't be all that different on the Android device. Having a file server or some kind of connection to transfer files to the Kodi folder is a good start.
As long as you have no binary add-ons running on the Windows setups, then "things should be okay". ™
1. I just bought a new Android shield, how do I copy everything from the already installed shield to the new one? I took a look on the file structure of the Android unit and it seems like there is Kodi folders all over the place?

2. The old installation was made manual because the android store did not let me download a specific version. Say that I uninstall the current kodi version on the old shield and then takes the current version from Android store, after this I will have to update all other units(Intel NUCConfused). To avoid cross version I have to inactivate the auto update of kodi, right? And when I decide to go up in version I just make the update? Settings and everything will remain? I do not have to set it up again? Is there any way to keep all the settings from my current manual installation when I do a Android Store installation?
(2020-11-07, 13:05)snowjim Wrote: how do I copy everything from the already installed shield to the new one?

The Shield OS has a built-in SMB server. Using the file manager on your desktop computer/laptop, you can then move/copy/delete whatever you feel is necessary from/to Kodi's data folder.

(2020-11-07, 13:05)snowjim Wrote: Settings and everything will remain?

Settings will remain as long with minor updates of Kodi or its add-ons, unless they do require to have them changed because of updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeping up to date?0