Time to go down rabbit hole...
Movies + TV Shows I fully understand and have been comfortable with for 5+ years. Now it is finally time for music.

My setup is a Unraid NAS and MINIX-NEO box to run CoreElec. I use Aeon Nox: Silvo for skin. This setup is NOT connected to the internet on purpose so any and all of the "pretty stuff" has to be (or I want it to be) local only. 

Using MusicBrainz Picard 2.5.1 here is what I think I know from reading/research:
1) Tag all music with musicBrainz Picard using "Clear existing tags", and use "ID3v2.4 version".
2) Add script -- $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartist%)
3) Cover Art -- "Embed cover images into tags", and "only embed a front image"
4) Tagging is key so file/folder structure is pretty flexible but I have it as C/Music/Artists/Albums/songs 1,2,3,etc

If I want "local" pretty pictures I need some sort of media manager to scrape those files. I have been using MediaElch to scrape the main artist (that gets artist.nfo, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, logo.png files), then the individual albums (that gets album.nfo, cdart.png, folder.jpg files). I have tested only about a dozen artists. I think I might need/want separate artist folder as newer versions of kodi are mentioning this new feature, but not sure how to use it or if I need it?

Some questions are music setup related and some are probably Aeon Nox Silvo skin related:
1) [Music layout question] I didn't try any compilations, various artists, soundtracks, or xyz other thing I can't think of yet. Given I want to have all pretty stuff local am I good to go (to tag/scrape 10,000 songs) or did I miss a step?
2) [Music layout question]  Before I start, do I need to setup the separate artist folder?
3) [Music layout question] Creating a playlist, is it the same on all skins? How to create a playlist?
4) [Skin question] I couldn't find correct link that didn't fork 20 times that a noob like me could follow about making my music section look awesome similar to this or this. If there is a guide that isn't 5+ years old can you point me in the right direction?
5) Probably more skin questions once I learn more...

If I forgot important info let me know.
Thanks for the input team...

Messages In This Thread
Time to go down rabbit hole... - by skyking376 - 2020-11-05, 22:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to go down rabbit hole...0