IP Address Automatically Disappears From Wake On LAN
I use KODI on a firestick.  After not watching live tv on NextPVR for a while, the channels don't load.  I found out that in the configuration of the Wake On LAN program the IP address of my backend server pc is not there.  I checked my server to see if it had gone to sleep, but it hadn't.  It was awake.  I then had to enter the IP address in my frontend's Wake On LAN and hit -update- there as well as in NextPVR to finally load the channels back up.  Obviously, this is not a process I'd like to keep repeating.  So, all I ask is for some advice in making sure that my backend's IP address stays put in the Wake On LAN.  I just want to be able to go into live tv as soon as I start KODI without having to do everything I just mentioned.
The IP isn't used for WOL add the addon doesn't change the IP.    If it is getting erased that would be something else, potentially Kodi crashing or possibly related to timeouts.  Android is not a good multitasker and the client will go to sleep.

I would need to see debug logs to help understand what the real issue is.

Note if there are connection issues related to sleep make sure you are using Matrix.  In earlier versions if the backend was not available on startup it would be disabled.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IP Address Automatically Disappears From Wake On LAN0