v18 Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?
You are asking like it was down for ages...
Anyhow, just pushed the fix (tmdb common scraper v3.2.7).

Please don't ask when it will become available, if you don't know how to force Kodi to check for updates, then wait for the scraper to be auto updated.

I will delete all posts asking on how to update! You have been warned.
I think there may be a problem with the update.  The cast information is now coming through, but the actors and characters are not matching up correctly.  They might be offsetted.
Yes, confirmed there is still an issue.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-14, 00:18)olympia Wrote: You are asking like it was down for ages...
Anyhow, just pushed the fix (tmdb common scraper v3.2.7).

Please don't ask when it will become available, if you don't know how to force Kodi to check for updates, then wait for the scraper to be auto updated.

I will delete all posts asking on how to update! You have been warned.
Hi Olympia, apologies if I have offended you. However my intention was not to offend you. I simply wanted to know if any fix to this issue was going to be available soon. Thanks for the update on the TMDB common scraper v3.2.7. However, like kasmca and Karellen mentioned above there is still some problem in this version where even though the cast information is coming through now, but the actors and characters are not matching up correctly. Hope this issue will be fixed soon in another update? Apologies again if you were offended by me! I really didn't understand why you warned me even though I didn't write anything offensive. Maybe because I'm new to this forum and am not much familiar with its rules and regulations. I'll be more careful in asking questions in this forum from next time onwards.
My bad and I am sorry about that. Screwed up the first try as usual... Sad
Hopefully fixed for real in tmdb common v3.2.8.
(2020-11-14, 10:00)ShibajiCh Wrote: but I don't know why you warned me even though I didn't write anything offensive.

The warning was not towards you, it was for anybody asking on how to update.

For the rest: you were not offensive just quite pushy. Asking for an "update" sounds like it is a long outstanding problem, but at the time of asking it was not even 24 hours old.

Anyhow, no worries Smile
(2020-11-14, 10:17)olympia Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 10:00)ShibajiCh Wrote: but I don't know why you warned me even though I didn't write anything offensive.

The warning was not towards you, it was for anybody asking on how to update.

For the rest: you were not offensive just quite pushy. Asking for an "update" sounds like it is a long outstanding problem, but at the time of asking it was not even 24 hours old.

Anyhow, no worries Smile

Hi Olympia,
Thank you! Actually you misunderstood me. I didn't want to know "how to update". I just wanted to know if a fix was coming soon. I was not aware that the issue was that new. Actually, I had last used the TMDB common scraper one week back. So I was not much sure from when this issue started happening. I found this thread while searching in Google, and I replied to this. I'll be more careful in choosing my words from next time onwards.

Hopefully TMDB common scraper v3.2.8 update will fix the issue. I checked for it in Kodi, but it's still not showing up. The last available update was v3.2.7. May be it'll take some more time to show up in Kodi. Let's wait and see.
Thanks again for the good work and your quick responses! Smile
v3.2.8 is available in the repo here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metad...viedb.org/

You can either download and install via zip, or wait until it reaches your Kodi automatically.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-14, 10:41)Karellen Wrote: v3.2.8 is available in the repo here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metad...viedb.org/

You can either download and install via zip, or wait until it reaches your Kodi automatically.

Hi Karellen and Olympia,

I installed TMDB common scraper v3.2.8 from the repo but it's showing "Cast not available" for all newly scrapped movies. Please see below screenshot and kindly look into the issue. Thanks!

(2020-11-14, 11:27)ShibajiCh Wrote: I installed TMDB common scraper v3.2.8 from the repo but it's showing "Cast not available" for all newly scrapped movies. Please see below screenshot and kindly look into the issue. Thanks!
Yes confirmed. I scraped 3 movies, two had no cast and one did.

Log... https://paste.kodi.tv/sasowuxihu.kodi
My Signature
(2020-11-14, 11:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 11:27)ShibajiCh Wrote: I installed TMDB common scraper v3.2.8 from the repo but it's showing "Cast not available" for all newly scrapped movies. Please see below screenshot and kindly look into the issue. Thanks!
Yes confirmed. I scraped 3 movies, two had no cast and one did.

Log... https://paste.kodi.tv/sasowuxihu.kodi

Pfew, but at least "Captain America: Civil War" (that's what I was testing with works. LOL
OK, I have to admit that what is happening here in this case is the perfect example of fragility of regexp based scraping vs. json parsing in Python scrapers.

TMDB introduced some more property of cast and the sorting of properties in the API response is not consistent across movies.
Well, actually I was able to identify only two sorting schemes which is now handled by the tmdb common scraper 3.2.9 (I just pushed to the repo).
Please give it a try and test. It was OK in my test folder, but in only includes about 20 movies. There may be some movies which will still not be OK. Let me know if you find one.
Thanks for fixing the Movie part.

I am not sure it belongs here or maybe I understand something the wrong way, but since the morning (after the scraper library was updated) I was not able to scrape any TV Shows from tmdb any more. Is this anyhow related?
(2020-11-14, 15:09)olympia Wrote: OK, I have to admit that what is happening here in this case is the perfect example of fragility of regexp based scraping vs. json parsing in Python scrapers.

TMDB introduced some more property of cast and the sorting of properties in the API response is not consistent across movies.
Well, actually I was able to identify only two sorting schemes which is now handled by the tmdb common scraper 3.2.9 (I just pushed to the repo).
Please give it a try and test. It was OK in my test folder, but in only includes about 20 movies. There may be some movies which will still not be OK. Let me know if you find one.

Hi Olympia,
I scraped a few movies in Kodi using the latest TMDB common scraper v3.2.9 and they look fine. If I find any movies with issues later, I shall definitely let you know. Thank a lot for fixing this issue so quickly! Keep up the good work!
(2020-11-14, 15:41)MeC!as Wrote: I was not able to scrape any TV Shows from tmdb any more. Is this anyhow related?

I can confirm I am also having this issue.  I have two separate smart TVs (KODI app on Android TV) and when attempting to add the first two seasons of The Office to my library, one of the TVs only pulled Season 2 successfully.  The following morning, I attempted the same thing on the other TV.  This time, neither season appeared in my library after scanning it.  I also have some additional seasons of existing shows (Chuck) and the new content does not add to my library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?0