v18 Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?
(2020-11-14, 16:02)Esch30 Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 15:41)MeC!as Wrote: I was not able to scrape any TV Shows from tmdb any more. Is this anyhow related?

I can confirm I am also having this issue.  I have two separate smart TVs (KODI app on Android TV) and when attempting to add the first two seasons of The Office to my library, one of the TVs only pulled Season 2 successfully.  The following morning, I attempted the same thing on the other TV.  This time, neither season appeared in my library after scanning it.  I also have some additional seasons of existing shows (Chuck) and the new content does not add to my library.

This is related to TMDB movie scraper not TMDB TV scraper.
With tmdb common scraper 3.2.9 it works perfect in 18.8 leia.
Thx you very much for fixing the scraper, really great Smile
(2020-11-14, 16:37)Hitcher Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 16:02)Esch30 Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 15:41)MeC!as Wrote: I was not able to scrape any TV Shows from tmdb any more. Is this anyhow related?

I can confirm I am also having this issue.  I have two separate smart TVs (KODI app on Android TV) and when attempting to add the first two seasons of The Office to my library, one of the TVs only pulled Season 2 successfully.  The following morning, I attempted the same thing on the other TV.  This time, neither season appeared in my library after scanning it.  I also have some additional seasons of existing shows (Chuck) and the new content does not add to my library.

This is related to TMDB movie scraper not TMDB TV scraper.
Hi,

the TMDB Scraper "Library" was updated not the TMDB movie scraper neither the TMDB TV scraper. Thats why we asked whether it is related. Has the TV scraper its own library?
Thanks so much.  3.2.9 seems to be working for me now on 18.9.
(2020-11-14, 15:09)olympia Wrote: Please give it a try and test.

I'm not sure what changed, but 3.2.9 is not working for me, as was 3.2.8, using Kodi 18.9. Nothing is being added via scraping at the moment. I'll have another try tomorrow.
I noticed that 3.2.9 has another small issue. Just like the actors and their roles were misplaced in the Captain America example above, directors and writers are being misplaced by one. For instance, the movie Greenland (2020), scrapes with the actual director not credited/displayed, the writer of the screenplay displayed as the director, and the producer listed as the writer.
(2020-11-14, 19:27)mikeofsteel Wrote: I noticed that 3.2.9 has another small issue. Just like the actors and their roles were misplaced in the Captain America example above, directors and writers are being misplaced by one. For instance, the movie Greenland (2020), scrapes with the actual director not credited/displayed, the writer of the screenplay displayed as the director, and the producer listed as the writer.

I am giving up... TMDB is making regexp based scraping almost impossible Sad

Edit: find a way... hopefully fixed in tmdb common v3.2.10
v3.2.10 didn't fix it. Nothing is being added via scraping (Kodi 18.9)
(2020-11-14, 23:35)BobHope Wrote: v3.2.10 didn't fix it. Nothing is being added via scraping (Kodi 18.9)

Next time I will delete your post!
(2020-11-14, 21:11)olympia Wrote:
(2020-11-14, 19:27)mikeofsteel Wrote: I noticed that 3.2.9 has another small issue. Just like the actors and their roles were misplaced in the Captain America example above, directors and writers are being misplaced by one. For instance, the movie Greenland (2020), scrapes with the actual director not credited/displayed, the writer of the screenplay displayed as the director, and the producer listed as the writer.

I am giving up... TMDB is making regexp based scraping almost impossible Sad

Edit: find a way... hopefully fixed in tmdb common v3.2.10
Hi Olympia,
I updated the TMDB common scraper to v3.2.10 in Kodi and scraped a few movies.
It appears to me that the issue with the Directors and Writers has been fixed.
Thank you!
just tried 3.2.9 and im still not getting any of the missing TV Shows back.  3.2.10 didnt fix it either for me. Ill try again tomorrow.
(2020-11-15, 21:54)DarkEther Wrote: just tried 3.2.9 and im still not getting any of the missing TV Shows back.  3.2.10 didnt fix it either for me. Ill try again tomorrow.

Maybe because tmdb common scraper update to v3.2.10 was never intended to address tv show issues?!

TV Show issues hopefully fixed with tmdb tv show scraper v3.5.6
Yup, just installed 3.5.6 and shows are back
Good to see the scraper improving. I just thought I'd add my two scents: Since my initial reporting in this thread I have switched to the new Python based scraper and I haven't had any issues with it so far, scraped maybe about 20 additional movies (and also scraped my whole library on my testbed system). From my limited experience with it, I would dare recommend that everyone give the new Python scraper a try, it seems much more stable at the moment.

(The only issue I have now is that TMDB has removed some posters and especially for some less popular movies, the Python-based scraper seems to match less posters than the non-Python scraper. I'm now thinking of coming up with my own system of picking poster art somehow, maybe including manually adding some).
(2020-11-18, 15:03)T4ffer Wrote: Good to see the scraper improving. I just thought I'd add my two scents: Since my initial reporting in this thread I have switched to the new Python based scraper and I haven't had any issues with it so far, scraped maybe about 20 additional movies (and also scraped my whole library on my testbed system). From my limited experience with it, I would dare recommend that everyone give the new Python scraper a try, it seems much more stable at the moment.

(The only issue I have now is that TMDB has removed some posters and especially for some less popular movies, the Python-based scraper seems to match less posters than the non-Python scraper. I'm now thinking of coming up with my own system of picking poster art somehow, maybe including manually adding some).

Can you please tell me what is unstable at the moment with the non-Python scraper? I would like to fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?0