iOS App Signer Problem in MacOS Big Sur
Some days ago i upgraded my Macbook to the new MacOS Big Sur and today i wanted to install Kodi v19 "Matrix" Alpha 3 in my Apple TV (like i did the last few months).
And i couldnt sign the app anymore. I got the following error message.
Quote:You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem?
YES or NO
I clicked YES and got
Quote:If you have previously trusted your certificate using Keychain, please set the Trust setting back to the system default.
Does anybody have the same problem? Last week with MacOS Catalina everything worked fine. (I checked the Keychain settings, and Trust settings are on system defaults.)
Sounds like you are not alone Undecided
https://github.com/DanTheMan827/ios-app-...issues/166
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2020-11-17, 01:33)sy6sy2 Wrote: Sounds like you are not alone Undecided
https://github.com/DanTheMan827/ios-app-...issues/166

at least i know now i am not too stupid to use the IOS App Signer!!!

luckily i found a solution for my problem. at the end it was very easy. i had two apple development certificates in the keychain access app. so i deleted the one with the earlier expiration date.
then i tried the IOS App Signer again and it was working right away. why i had two apple development certificates in my keychain, i dont know. maybe it has something to do with the upgrade to macOS Big Sur but thats just an assumption.

if anybody has this problem as well, please go into your keychain and check in the certificate folder how many apple development certificates you have. if you have more than for the same apple account, then you know whats the problem.
Certificates or xcode command line tools not being installed are the most common issues, there isn't a problem with Big Sur, but rather the fact that macOS updates tend to remove the xcode command line tools
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer Problem in MacOS Big Sur0