Improving music shuffling behavior / handling mixcd, live, classical albums
I am looking for a way to handle "smart shuffling" of music to address mixcd , live, classical and more generally any "group" of tracks that should not split or played in a different order (such as the intro track of an album and the following track).

The idea would be Kodi to handle a custom play_following_track  tag for every track to tell whether the next track of the album should also be queued right after the considered track. Thus, when a smart playlist would add a track, it would also add the following tracks of the album if the play_following_track is enabled.

Then making an album "unsplittable" would be achieved by marking all its tracks with the play_following_track  tag. Grouping 2 tracks could be achieved by enabling  the play_following_track tag for the first one.
This would address the request posted by some users who expect a shuffling by album rather than by track.

From a UI perspective, this could be handled with a tick mark aside each track in the album view to activate the play_following_track tag. And an entry in the context menu could set the tag for all tracks of the album to have a straight-forward way to set mixcd, live and classical recordings as "unsplittable".

The tag could be set as an ID3 tag in the file, as a field in the database or a piece of file in the album folder.

I am not into Kodi coding so I hope anyone find this idea has some interest...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improving music shuffling behavior / handling mixcd, live, classical albums0