Android How to export library to separate files with USB HD and Android TV Box?
Hi,

I keep getting a "can not write to folder" error when I try to export my library to separate files my external HD.

I've read that Android needs permission to write to an external HD, and Kodi does not grant permission. (or something like that).

I was just wondering if that has changed, or if there is a workaround so I can export all my nfo files to my video folders?

Specifically, I'm trying to save my watched and resume states directly on my external HD so I don't always lose them each time I upgrade TV boxes.

Thanks!
(2020-12-18, 07:57)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I keep getting a "can not write to folder" error when I try to export my library to separate files my external HD.

What's the disk format of the external HDD?
Kodi does not determine disk access, the relevant OS does.
(2020-12-18, 10:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-12-18, 07:57)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I keep getting a "can not write to folder" error when I try to export my library to separate files my external HD.

What's the disk format of the external HDD?
Kodi does not determine disk access, the relevant OS does.

5TB - NTFS - USB3 HDD
There have been instances where NTFS is treated as a read-only device or, but I kinda lost track a bit of what works in Android (Linux) with NTFS or doesn't.

Can you perhaps store a file from Android directly onto the external HDD, with a text editor maybe?
(2020-12-19, 11:01)Klojum Wrote: There have been instances where NTFS is treated as a read-only device or, but I kinda lost track a bit of what works in Android (Linux) with NTFS or doesn't.

Can you perhaps store a file from Android directly onto the external HDD, with a text editor maybe?

I created a text file. Saved it to my Android internal storage. And then moved it to my external HD. Now the file is on my 5TD HDD.

I had to give the android app "CX File Explorer" permission to write to the external drive first, before I was able to move it.

Is there a way to give Kodi permission also? Or some workaround?
It's possible that Kodi itself uses its own Linux user instead of the detault Android system user, which is maybe not accepted by the folder(s) on your external drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to export library to separate files with USB HD and Android TV Box?0