18TB HDD + libreelec
Question 
Hi,
I use a RP4 with the latest libeelec installed. In the past i stored my files on a 12TB WD Elements external 3,5 HDD - kodi reads it with no problem.
Now i ubgraded to a new 18TB WD Elements but Kodi does not read the files corretly - it does show the root folders but no sub folders with the files inside
anyone knows whats wrong?
(2021-01-03, 02:36)ps90 Wrote: Hi,
I use a RP4 with the latest libeelec installed. In the past i stored my files on a 12TB WD Elements external 3,5 HDD - kodi reads it with no problem.
Now i ubgraded to a new 18TB WD Elements but Kodi does not read the files corretly - it does show the root folders but no sub folders with the files inside
anyone knows whats wrong?
What filing system did you reformat the drive to use?

ExFAT? ext4?
What filing system did you reformat the drive to use?

ExFAT? ext4?
[/quote]

it is ntfs, i need to use it with my win10 to transfer the files on it
How are you mounting the drive?

Got to be honest, if I needed that much storage, I'd use a NAS. In fact, I don't need anywhere near that much storage but I still use a NAS!  Big Grin
(2021-01-03, 19:49)mcelliott Wrote: How are you mounting the drive?

Got to be honest, if I needed that much storage, I'd use a NAS. In fact, I don't need anywhere near that much storage but I still use a NAS!  Big Grin

hm im not shure if i understand this question right: but as it is a external hdd i just plug it in the usb port of the rp4, same with my win10 pc
i do use a nas also for other things but for reasons i need the hdd to access the files at my rp4 setup
is there a limit the linux system can handle ntfs disks?
Putting 18TB (which is a lot) on 1 single HDD drive without any data security RAID level(for which you need at least more than 1 drive), is sort of living life dangerously. One HDD problem or crash, and all its data is possibly gone.

Check if the file rights of the sub folders are different from the HDD's root folder(s) using a Windows machine.

Should you want to connect the 18TB drive permanently to the RPi4, then using EXT4 instead of NTFS is recommended. But, I fear the drive is already filled with lots of media files.
Just a workaround.  Plug your 18TB HDD to your NAS usb port.
(2021-01-03, 16:54)ps90 Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 13:05)noggin Wrote: What filing system did you reformat the drive to use?

ExFAT? ext4?

it is ntfs, i need to use it with my win10 to transfer the files on it

Hmm - I think I'd probably use ExFat (which is also compatible with Windows) rather than NTFS for a removable drive these days. However for an 18TB drive I'd definitely be looking at using network connectivity - and some kind of protection (losing 18TB of files would probably cause me to cry...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
18TB HDD + libreelec0