does weather fanart work in kodi 18.9?
I have installed and reinstalled the add on and nothing happens
I reboot kodi rebooted the computer and nothing happens
the instructions just say to install it and it just starts working but it's not doing that for me
my operating system is straight forward windows 10 desktop c drive ..nothing fancy
is there more settings that the instructions don't tell you?
I looked through the logs and all it says is "weather fanart enabled"
any ideas?
After installing the Weather add-on, did you set it up?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Weather
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-06, 21:48)Karellen Wrote: After installing the Weather add-on, did you set it up?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Weather

yes I set that up a few days ago with yahoo weather. it works fine
Right, I just read the thread title. Your actual post makes it sound like the add-on does not work, but you are after the fanart. Make that clear in your post, regardless if you stated that in your thread title.

Fanart does not come supplied with weather add-ons. They need to be installed separately via Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Look & feel>Image collections. Have you done that?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-06, 23:39)Karellen Wrote: Fanart does not come supplied with weather add-ons

I seem to recall that after installing the Yahoo weather app, the first time you try to set the background art it asks to install another addon, something about "Image Resource" or whatever, and you have to do that first before the weather fanarts will work. I looked thru my installed add-ons but couldn't find it, but I remember it asking for it the first time...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2021-01-06, 23:39)Karellen Wrote: Right, I just read the thread title. Your actual post makes it sound like the add-on does not work, but you are after the fanart. Make that clear in your post, regardless if you stated that in your thread title.

Fanart does not come supplied with weather add-ons. They need to be installed separately via Settings>Addons>Install from repository>Look & feel>Image collections. Have you done that?

yup I followed this
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Weather_Fanart_-_Multi
(2021-01-07, 01:43)whysoserious Wrote:
(2021-01-06, 23:39)Karellen Wrote: Fanart does not come supplied with weather add-ons

I seem to recall that after installing the Yahoo weather app, the first time you try to set the background art it asks to install another addon, something about "Image Resource" or whatever, and you have to do that first before the weather fanarts will work. I looked thru my installed add-ons but couldn't find it, but I remember it asking for it the first time...

I looked for this "Image Resource" I found it in a couple different places on the web but all the download links didn't work..I did find script.image.resource and installed that ..but nothing happened..this all seems strange because all the info I have read just says install weather fanart and it will just start working. this is a fresh kodi install the only other add on I have installed is janitor so there shouldn't be any conflicts..it did work great on my old instal kodi 18.1 so I know it works..maybe just not on 18.9? by the way thank you both for your help I appreciate it
(2021-01-07, 17:11)fire111 Wrote: looked for this "Image Resource" I found it in a couple different places on the web but all the download links didn't work..
??
Why are you looking on the web? I told you where to find the artwork in my previous post.

(2021-01-07, 17:11)fire111 Wrote: this all seems strange because all the info I have read just says install weather fanart and it will just start working
Yes. You already said the weather add-on works. What you want is fanart, which is different.
My Signature
(2021-01-07, 20:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 17:11)fire111 Wrote: looked for this "Image Resource" I found it in a couple different places on the web but all the download links didn't work..
??
Why are you looking on the web? I told you where to find the artwork in my previous post.
(2021-01-07, 17:11)fire111 Wrote: this all seems strange because all the info I have read just says install weather fanart and it will just start working
Yes. You already said the weather add-on works. What you want is fanart, which is different.
do you actually read my and others full posts or just react to parts of them?? weather add on and weather fanart are 2 different things I know that and I said that!! 
as for searching the web I was told: 
I seem to recall that after installing the Yahoo weather app, the first time you try to set the background art it asks to install another addon, something about "Image Resource" or whatever, and you have to do that first before the weather fanarts will work
so I searched for image resource.
I really don't think I need your help or attitude any more maybe you should find something else that doesn't need a bit of patience and to actually pay attention to what people are posting!!..what a dick!!
Ha, yet you are the one that is not reading my posts. I told you where to find the add-ons.

Yes, sometimes I lose patience with people such as yourself that completely ignore the advice I have given them and still continue with their same questions that have already been answered, no matter how incomprehensible those questions are.

But sure. I'll leave you alone. I am sure you will eventually figure it out.
My Signature
@fire111

I have updated the wiki page to include Artwork.

Read section 4 for instructions to install weather fanart... https://kodi.wiki/view/Weather
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
does weather fanart work in kodi 18.9?0