Movies Navigation
When I browse the "titles" sub-menu from the "movies" menu and then press the "go back" button it takes me back to the home menu instead of back to the "movies" menu. Then, when I press the movies menu it takes me back to the "titles" submenu. This is a problem because I have thousands and thousands of films in the titles submenu and I then have to scroll manually all the way to the top and press ".." to return to "movies" menu.

Is it possible to make the "movies" menu item always point towards the "movies" menu, and to make the "go back" button return me from "titles" to "movie" menu instead of all the way back to "home" menu?

I might have missed some existing method here, if so, please let me know how I should navigate these menus properly.

Thanks again for all your help.
(2021-01-08, 04:49)Tstrbl Wrote: When I browse the "titles" sub-menu from the "movies" menu and then press the "go back" button it takes me back to the home menu instead of back to the "movies" menu. Then, when I press the movies menu it takes me back to the "titles" submenu. This is a problem because I have thousands and thousands of films in the titles submenu and I then have to scroll manually all the way to the top and press ".." to return to "movies" menu.

Is it possible to make the "movies" menu item always point towards the "movies" menu, and to make the "go back" button return me from "titles" to "movie" menu instead of all the way back to "home" menu?

I might have missed some existing method here, if so, please let me know how I should navigate these menus properly.

Thanks again for all your help.
@Tstrbl , you can make the Movies menu item point towards the movies menu, as you say.  These are the steps:

Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

Once there, go to the Movies menu item and select "Choose Item for Menu"

Select Video Library:

Now select Movies:

Now select "Create Menu Item to Here"

Once you do that, you will be back at the menu configuration dialog, and if you look closely, the Action now has changed to go the the Video/Movies node, instead of the Movies/Titles, which is the default.

You can then go back to the main menu (pressing esc or back several times), and now the Movies main menu item will take you the movies menu as you requested:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
My apologies for this slow reply.
Yes, this worked perfectly. Thank you again.
I have some new questions. Will start some threads as I come up with them.
(2021-02-26, 05:35)Tstrbl Wrote: My apologies for this slow reply.
Yes, this worked perfectly. Thank you again.
I have some new questions. Will start some threads as I come up with them.
@Tstrbl , thanks for confirming that it worked for you.  Happy to receive new questions/issues/requests.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Navigation0