• 109(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
1.14 build 4196
Release Notes

This build extends the maximum image cache age to 1 month (was 1 week before), will attempt to show all kind of youtube links as embedded in-app video in the movie detail screen, refactors the layout for the section header in the album and episode view (the one which allows to expand/collapse a whole season) and adds few translation updates.

Next steps will be more internal hygiene rework and looking into adding functionality to watch/unwatch/play/queue whole seasons.
Heart 
(2024-01-21, 10:42)Buschel Wrote: 1.14 build 4196
Release Notes

This build extends the maximum image cache age to 1 month (was 1 week before), will attempt to show all kind of youtube links as embedded in-app video in the movie detail screen, refactors the layout for the section header in the album and episode view (the one which allows to expand/collapse a whole season) and adds few translation updates.

Next steps will be more internal hygiene rework and looking into adding functionality to watch/unwatch/play/queue whole seasons.

Well done once again, @Buschel

Thanks for the love you put into the rework of the section headers.

May I ask for the introduction of section headers for movie collections, too. For me movie collections should be treated like tv series and also the Kodi server software received some "recent" updates for better support of movie collections.

Didn’t you change more w.r.t. the image cache? With this release, for me everything seems to be back to normal, no more lagging, no more visible placeholders - everything is back to a very smooth experience Smile

Don’t touch it again! Wink

Most recently I asked myself why there are no "watched" indicators for single tv seasons. Good to know that you have this now on your to do list!

Your continuous work on this app is highly appreciated!
(2024-01-21, 11:18)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Didn’t you change more w.r.t. the image cache? With this release, for me everything seems to be back to normal, no more lagging, no more visible placeholders - everything is back to a very smooth experience Smile

Don’t touch it again! Wink
I really did only change this one number (maximum age in seconds). Let's keep observing.
@Buschel

Another feature request: Smile

Would it be possible to calculate and show the whole actual runtime of a playlist in the header above it? I.e. the total time of all tracks.

Thanks for considering
Technically this is of course possible. Main question is where to put it. The text "Playlist" seems short, but there are many translations which use up many more characters. So just adding it in brackets after "Playlist" will end up using hard-to-read small fonts or directly truncating the additional information. I could image this could be added on top of the bar which allows to change/edit the playlists, or right below it. Will create GitHub issue to remind this.
Thanks @Buschel

When it comes to the dynamic font sizing (or whatever this feature is called), I am always asking myself why not only the character widths are manipulated, but also the character height. From an aesthetic perspective, imho this simply often destroys the layout. And I only know this way of doing so from this one and only app.

What do you think? Could this be changed (easily)?
This scaling is an iOS function. I am not aware, if there are other ways to shrink the width of text.
Did you still want me testing old versions to compare to latest test flight with regards to caching?
(2024-01-22, 22:26)amasephy Wrote: Did you still want me testing old versions to compare to latest test flight with regards to caching?
If you should find that one of the oldest available builds behaves different, this would be interesting as this would not match to the last code change I did (max age 1 week). The change from 1 week to 1 day was done when migrating to new SDWebImage, before the oldest still available TF builds.
Could it be the case that again the battery saving mode just slows down the device and by that makes loading more prominent?
You make a good point about the battery saving mode but the thing is I keep my devices in battery save mode 99% of the time so I would have noticed this long ago.

Also, ironically since I have a new phone it should be significantly more performant than my old phone even in power save mode.

Have not had much time to test lately so I wanted to make sure I was directing my efforts in the right direction. 🙂

Edit:

So it’s been a few days since he used Kodi. I’m on the final 1.13 TestFlight and the image cache was totally fine here. No missing artwork like I experienced on 1.14
Image cache seems fine on latest test flight for me.

Freshly starting the app and quickly scrolling with the index will show placeholder graphics but this is not unreasonable.

More importantly now I have discovered one new bug and a possible other bug.

The first confirmed bug is when you navigate to the settings right hand pane.

Simply press more… and then done.

The the whole pane will shift downward slightly. Most noticeably on the header bar at the top where your current Kodi server connection is. Given this is happening on older test flights for me I am assuming this is a bug with phones that have Dynamic Island only. I am certain this never happened on my old phone.

Secondly, I am guessing this is a bug as I see no release notes on this…

The padding on the vertical index on library list views is enormous now. There never was space on the left side of the index. Is this intentional?
I sometimes saw this downshift when entering a new view. I cannot see this generally in the case you describe. I was not bothering about this too much for now, but can try to look at this, if I should encounter again.

Yes, there is more space left of the index, since 1.13 (and of course many TF builds which were leading to 1.13). This shall avoid overlaps which were happening before. I just played with index again, and maybe you pointed me to something: possibly I reserve the desired padding space twice on the left side. Will look into this as well.

Edit: Main topic with index is that the index width needs to support at least years (4 numbers) or day of the week (e.g. Mon, Tue, ...) with a bit free space left and right. Same width is used also for indexes which only show the leading character (e.g. A). What is going wrong currently is that the content in side the index is shifted to the right, leaving more space left than right. I will tweak this a bit further to make it look more balanced.

1.14 build 4229
Release Notes

This build mainly does internal refactoring. It also fixes potential crashes reported via AppStore and reduced the index width as discussed earlier in this thread.

Happy Weekend!
Index looks good here. No obvious problems spotted from your refactoring. 👍🏻
Thanks for looking into the index topic and for checking on regressions.
I work on adding more features around TV show seasons (play, queue, mark watched/unwatched). This already basically works, but I am not fully satisfied yet. After this I plan to spend time on the NowPlaying redesign.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0