Solved Support external sup subtitles
I'm an Asian and love enjoying movies. As other non-native English people do, I usually download/collect subtitles in my native language and play it with English movies simultaneously to enjoy them because I cannot quite understand the conversation and the caption most of the time. A movie with embedded native-language subtitles is not the primary source considering its English version produced by global encoders usually has better video quality. In many cases, the collected subtitles especially the ones with special effects are released as sup files. Thus, I badly need the player to load external sup subtitles when play English movies.
On Android platform, Kodi are definitely the best choice for playing movies. However, at present Kodi cannot recognize external sup subtitles and I have to manally mux the subtitles and movies every time. But, I still have to keep these independent subtitle files for flexibly updating when a better one is released, and also have to keep the original movie files to seed on the Internet. Thus, the inevitable and endless mux operation is rather annoying.
Please introduce this feature.  It would be really great. I shall be very thankful to you.
fix in 20471 (PR)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support external sup subtitles0