Solved download guest actor images that have been added to a tv show
I have a couple offline Kodi clients that get updated via usb hard drive. Is it possible to download the actor image for a TV show, if that actor is added to the show manually? For example "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - S08E01 - Joel McHale Big Sean"  Lets say I add David Letterman to the episode as a cast member and I add a URL from themoviedb.org for Image URL I use https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/...SA1SM1.jpg. When I click rename the jpg for Letterman never gets created. The info for Letterman is in the .nfo file but no jpg file is created. The jpg for the two actors in the filename get added to the shows .actors folder.

So is it possible to have TMM pull the jpg from the url and save it to .actors folder?

Does the Image URL need to be from a specific place? Size or format?

Is this just a GUI setting I missed? I do have download actor image to .actors check under tv show > Images.

Thanks!
just right click on the TV show/episode and choose "Download actor images for selected TV show(s)/episode(s)"... upon rename the show only gets renamed
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2021-01-17, 12:50)mlaggner Wrote: just right click on the TV show/episode and choose "Download actor images for selected TV show(s)/episode(s)"... upon rename the show only gets renamed
I was using V3 and couldn't find this feature. Once I downloaded and installed v4 I see the "Download actor images for selected TV show(s)/episode(s)". Once upgraded to v4 that still doesn't pull the actual jpg into the .actors folder of the show nor an actors folder in the season. Not sure what I am doing wrong maybe it expects a different url?
did you active "writing of .actors" in the settings? I've just tested that and it worked (for _base_ TV show cast as well as for guests)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
That fixed it! Thank you.
just added a message to make it more obvious Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
download guest actor images that have been added to a tv show0