Cannot see my MythTV recordings in Kodi anymore
I was always a bit afraid that this could occur, but now it has happened, my wife has erased the default folder with 6 years of recordings. When I found out, there were 350 GB from 1T5 already gone. The around 400 remaining recordings I could recover with the MythTV web interface one by one. But now I cannot see them in Kodi anymore. I’ve restarted the computer several times, deactivate / reactivate the MythTV client, but nothing.
I can see them in the MythTV web interface, can play and download them from there, but the recordings in Kodi are empty.
Is there a way to get them back in Kodi?
(2021-01-18, 01:05)Aerod Wrote: I was always a bit afraid that this could occur, but now it has happened, my wife has erased the default folder with 6 years of recordings. When I found out, there were 350 GB from 1T5 already gone. The around 400 remaining recordings I could recover with the MythTV web interface one by one. But now I cannot see them in Kodi anymore. I’ve restarted the computer several times, deactivate / reactivate the MythTV client, but nothing.
I can see them in the MythTV web interface, can play and download them from there, but the recordings in Kodi are empty.
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
MythTV Backend v29.1
Kodi 18.9
pvr.mythtv 5.10.19

All new recordings since this had happened are listed in Kodi (in LiveTv and Default) but not the 1.2TB recordings which are still in the MythTV database.
In the mythweb client I can still see the old and the new recordings.
(2021-01-20, 11:39)Aerod Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 01:05)Aerod Wrote: I was always a bit afraid that this could occur, but now it has happened, my wife has erased the default folder with 6 years of recordings. When I found out, there were 350 GB from 1T5 already gone. The around 400 remaining recordings I could recover with the MythTV web interface one by one. But now I cannot see them in Kodi anymore. I’ve restarted the computer several times, deactivate / reactivate the MythTV client, but nothing.
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS
MythTV Backend v29.1
Kodi 18.9
pvr.mythtv 5.10.19

All new recordings since this had happened are listed in Kodi (in LiveTv and Default) but not the 1.2TB recordings which are still in the MythTV database.
In the mythweb client I can still see the old and the new recordings.

Probably because the status of those recordings isn't right. The addon uses the MythTV Web API to retrieve the list of recordings (available and deleted). You could try to query with the API... (see MythTV wiki).
Thumbs Up 
Found it! When http://backend-ip/mythweb/ showed all the recordings, the new (API based) webinterface (http://backend-ip:6544/) showed just the same like in Kodi.
Quote:“You could try to query with the API... (see MythTV wiki).”

I looked there, but I gave up. It’s hard to find something if you don’t know what exactely to look for.

I took phpMyAdmin to inspect the mythconverg database. The first I did was searching for “available” and “deleted” like you sayed, but I didn’t find something usable. Next I had a look on the “recorded” table and there I found a colon “deletepending” and all the lost recordings had “1” in it.
So I ran this in phpMyAdmin

Code:
update mythconverg.recorded
set deletepending = 0
WHERE deletepending = 1;

and (apparently) everything is OK now.

And I found an option to avoid someone deletes all the recording folder again. I didn’t know it was already there, I’ve never seen it before (or payed attention).

If in mytv pvr client settings > preferences you activate “groupe d’enregistrement par default à la racine” (Default record group at root) you won’t see the Default recording folder anymore, just one LiveTv folder beside the other recordings.
How to mark "Solved" ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot see my MythTV recordings in Kodi anymore0