Cannot use K400+ with Kodi
Hello, I'm sorry if this was already asked but I've searched everywhere and cannot find an answer.

I am new to Kodi and am using it on an LG Smart TV with an Amazon Fire Stick and Kodi is updated to Leia 18.9. I just got the Logitech K400+ keyboard and I can see the mouse but I cannot click on or type anything in Kodi. Do I need to install an add-on? Any help is much appreciated. TIA
Keyboards are a hardware thing, so it's basically OS related. Does the keyboard work properly in other Fire Stick applications?
(2021-01-18, 09:04)Klojum Wrote: Keyboards are a hardware thing, so it's basically OS related. Does the keyboard work properly in other Fire Stick applications?
Thank you for your reply. No it doesn't. Same thing, I see the mouse but cannot click or type anything.
(2021-01-18, 12:49)tysh88 Wrote: No it doesn't.

Since Kodi is only an application, and it is lending underlying support from the OS for any input devices, I'm afraid for now, your keyboard is not fully compatible with the Fire Stick.

Does the keyboard work on a "normal" PC computer?
(2021-01-18, 15:57)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 12:49)tysh88 Wrote: No it doesn't.

Since Kodi is only an application, and it is lending underlying support from the OS for any input devices, I'm afraid for now, your keyboard is not fully compatible with the Fire Stick.

Does the keyboard work on a "normal" PC computer?
Oh that makes sense. I'm not sure as I haven't tried it yet, however it does work when navigating through the LG menu and using the LG applications like Netflix. I guess I would need a bluetooth keyboard to hook up to the fire stick in order for it to work with Kodi. Once I do that should it work or is there some add on that I would have to use in Kodi to make it compatible? Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
Given that the LG apps are working with the keyboard, it sounds like the Logitech Unifying Receiver is plugged into the TV. Is this correct? If so, I don't know why it would be expected to work with the Fire Stick, nor do I understand why you're getting a mouse cursor in Kodi. It might work if you used an OTG cable with the stick. I use a trackpad-less Logitech wireless keyboard with a USB C hub and the new Chromecast with Google TV, and that combination works in Kodi.
(2021-01-18, 17:42)crawfish Wrote: Given that the LG apps are working with the keyboard, it sounds like the Logitech Unifying Receiver is plugged into the TV. Is this correct? If so, I don't know why it would be expected to work with the Fire Stick, nor do I understand why you're getting a mouse cursor in Kodi. It might work if you used an OTG cable with the stick. I use a trackpad-less Logitech wireless keyboard with a USB C hub and the new Chromecast with Google TV, and that combination works in Kodi.

Thanks for your response and help. My keyboard was plugged into the TV via USB. I switched my keyboard to a bluetooth one and it works perfectly now with Kodi. I connected it via bluetooth to my fire stick and it solved all the issues! Just sucks because this one does have a trackpad, but better than nothing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot use K400+ with Kodi0