tvOS Kodi 19 Via Cydia Impactor Crashes
Hi,

I was trying to install a later version of Kodi on my Apple Tv 4 but every time I try when impactor get to "Frameworks/lib/python3.8/config-3.8-darwin/python.o" it crashes.
The stable release of Kodi 17.6 I have no issues with, but it does not seem to matter which version of 19 I try it always crashes at the above spot.
Does anyone have any ideas or can help?

Following method as below

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko...HD_and_4K)
1 Install from Windows (only for Apple TV 4)

Using windows 10 and paid Apple Developer Account.

Thanks in advance
SO I notice this thread has had a number of views but no comments...
How is everyone else getting newer versions of Kodi onto ATV, are most using the xCode method?
Hi, sorry but I don't have a paid account to try Cydia impactor and people usually use Xcode/iOS App Signer or jailbroken devices.
Absolutely no idea why this file crash Cydia Impactor. Did you try to remove it from Kodi deb file?

@Fuzzard, is it "normal" to have a .o file in our deb file?
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
I am having an Impactor issue. Trying to updaye from 17.6, tvos 14.4 ATV4, impactor 0.9.53, tried multiple .deb files with same result. It is crashing at the same point each time, during "Frameworks/lib/python3.8/config-3.8-darwin/python.o"
Could try ripping out that config folder, or at least any binary files (*.o, *.a) inside it.
So I tried it two ways, first removing the python.o file and removing the config folder entirely, on install it still shown in impactor it driving to the python.o file then crashing. Appreciate any input.
I realized I needed to make a new .ipa file for those two steps, so I repeated, first removing the python.o file and creating a new .ipa, then the entire folder and creating a new .ipa. Both attempts impactor hangs at PkgInfo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Via Cydia Impactor Crashes0