• 34(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
(2021-04-18, 12:45)fandangos Wrote: It might not work on Sony TVs since every android device has it's own set of decoder names for Dolby Vision.

some profiles triggers DV, some don't. And those that don't sometimes do if you played one that does before. From fresh reboot, things are pretty consistent but after that not really.

P4 does not trigger anything
P5 triggers DV bright
P7 FEL does not trigger anything
P7 MEL triggers DV bright (but that is the inconsistent one, soometimes does, sometimes does not)
P81 triggers DV bright

.mts that work in SONY player don't work in KODI. But unlike DV profile 5 that has shifted colors in SONY player, the .mts file from Dolby demo disc don't suffer from that problem in KODI. Manually changing picture to HDR and cranking up brightness makes it right. Well, still not DV but almost and way better than without HDR mode.
And then playing P5 again triggers DV bright altohugh TV is not set on AUTO mode but left on HDR because of .mts. So it looks like DV profiles are triggered every time DV is registered and settings under picture options are there only for HDR10 and HLG. Which goes in line of what people were saying that DV can't be switched of at all.
Dear folks, a solution!, one however, that unfortunately that does not involve Kodi, however.

First, thank you everyone for responding. Second, I apologize - I thought the Kodi on PlayStore and the one on the 1st page of this topic had 'caught up' by now. 

This is what I have done. I simply installed Just player (I am using latest version - hXXps://github.com/moneytoo/Player/releases/tag/v0.28 - i installed online version) - the rest is very simply, I tell X-pore file manager to open video on my wireless network using Just Player, and Dolby Vision is detect in two of the MKV videos I tested so far with 0 issues. I only have two DV videos anyway, but they both did work. .
(2021-04-18, 16:38)eric_m91 Wrote: Dear folks, a solution!, one however, that unfortunately that does not involve Kodi, however.

First, thank you everyone for responding. Second, I apologize - I thought the Kodi on PlayStore and the one on the 1st page of this topic had 'caught up' by now. 

This is what I have done. I simply installed Just player (I am using latest version - hXXps://github.com/moneytoo/Player/releases/tag/v0.28 - i installed online version) - the rest is very simply, I tell X-pore file manager to open video on my wireless network using Just Player, and Dolby Vision is detect in two of the MKV videos I tested so far with 0 issues. I only have two DV videos anyway, but they both did work. .

Sorry, I will have to take some of what i said back. Only 1 of the two videos, Dolby Vision is detected. I tried a 3rd one as well, and it is not detected in that one as well. So far my success is 1/3. I wonder if Plex will resolve such issues until Kodi can be updated.
Dear Friends

I don't have NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro, I will own it in May 2021, but I would like to ask you some questions.

I own Sony KD-55XF9005 and I have installed 32-bit version of Kodi 19.0 compiled 2021-02-18 (official from the Google Play) and I have also installed 32-bit version of Kodi 19.0 compiled 2021-02-21 from the first post of this thread.

I have downloaded:
1) HDR mkv sample: The World In HDR 4K Demo.mkv
2) Dolby Vision mkv sample: P4_LG_Dolby_Trailer_4K_Demo.mkv
3) Dolby Vision mkv sample: P81_GlassBlowing2_3840x2160@59_94fps_15200kbps.mkv

In Kodi 19.0 - Google Play official:
1) Played with HDR via SMB from my PC
2) Played with HDR, no Dolby Vision via SMB from my PC
3) Played without HDR and Dolby Vision via SMB from my PC

In Kodi 19.0 - first post 32-bit version:
2 and 3) Played with Dolby Vision (DV logo appears on the right corner of my screen), but there is only audio and black screen. When I click pause, there shows frame from this video, when I click play again, there is audio with black screen.

I would like to ask, what I'm doing wrong? Is it related with no NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro or my TV is a problem?
When I would buy NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro and I will install there Kodi 19.0 64-bit from the first post and connect my external HDD via USB 3.0 with those video samples, I will be able to play correctly without black screen?

Sorry, but English is not my first language, I tried to explain the best I could.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely
UTAVATU
(2021-04-19, 17:10)UTAVATU Wrote: Dear Friends

I don't have NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro, I will own it in May 2021, but I would like to ask you some questions.

I own Sony KD-55XF9005 and I have installed 32-bit version of Kodi 19.0 compiled 2021-02-18 (official from the Google Play) and I have also installed 32-bit version of Kodi 19.0 compiled 2021-02-21 from the first post of this thread.

I have downloaded:

2 and 3) Played with Dolby Vision (DV logo appears on the right corner of my screen), but there is only audio and black screen. When I click pause, there shows frame from this video, when I click play again, there is audio with black screen.

I would like to ask, what I'm doing wrong? Is it related with no NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro or my TV is a problem?
When I would buy NVIDIA SHIELD 2019 Pro and I will install there Kodi 19.0 64-bit from the first post and connect my external HDD via USB 3.0 with those video samples, I will be able to play correctly without black screen?

Sorry, but English is not my first language, I tried to explain the best I could.

Sincerely

Hi i am a newbie but i would say yes with the shield things should work better for sure And yes use kodi from first page.

Alternatively u can also try just player i got working dolby vision on 1 of 3 files. U need x-plorer or some file browser app and then, open with, for which app: choose just player
(2021-04-19, 19:54)eric_m91 Wrote:
(2021-04-19, 17:10)UTAVATU Wrote: Dear Friends

I have downloaded:

Sincerely

Hi i am a newbie but i would say yes with the shield things should work better for sure And yes use kodi from first page.

Alternatively u can also try just player i got working dolby vision on 1 of 3 files. U need x-plorer or some file browser app and then, open with, for which app: choose just player

Just read my previous two ports on this page and previous page and ull see thats what i did. Then post back results.
(2021-04-18, 12:52)gil80 Wrote:
(2021-04-16, 02:03)JimVR4 Wrote:
(2021-04-15, 04:13)gil80 Wrote: I tried re-installing the 19.0 build in this thread but it still doesn't appear

Have you checked your complete apps list?  In my system I have two, the official 19.0 and this forked 19.0.
In my complete list I have 2 Kodis.
18.9 and 19 (the build from this thread).
But for some reason, it doesn't appear in Syncler when I use the Play With and I don't know if it's a Kodi issue, Android issue or something else.
So when you had official 18.9 and forked 18.9 your Syncler app would work but after you upgraded the forked Kodi to 19.0 it doesn't work?  Maybe you could update your official Kodi to 19.0 and retry.
Hello guys

I have been using version 19 for the last month.
Dolby vision plays fine from my server.

One thing that has been happening on my shield is that kodi just randomly exits during the stream.

It happens on any type of content (even not DV).

It happened like 1-2 tines out of 10 on the shield pro, and on the fire tv stick 4k it happened only 1 time in a whole month.

Has anybody had this issue? I
(2021-04-26, 10:58)MMeirolas1 Wrote: Hello guys

One thing that has been happening on my shield is that kodi just randomly exits during the stream.

It happened like 1-2 tines out of 10 on the shield pro, and on the fire tv stick 4k it happened only 1 time in a whole month.

Does it happen on the original Kodi 19 version as well or you didn't test?
(2021-04-26, 22:22)eric_m91 Wrote:

Hey

No, i haven't. I used 18.6 until this version 19 with DV support came along.

My installation has only the jellyfin add on, which i already excluded as bring the culprit by removing it completely. Issue still happened. Other than that it's only Kodi + smb shares set up.

I suspect it might be Kodi 19 or maybe server related. The server has more or less the same age as my kodi 19 installation so it's difficult to tell.

I will try to replicate the issue and get the Kodi log,
I just thought may be someone had this issue before.

Cheers
(2021-04-26, 22:45)MMeirolas1 Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 22:22)eric_m91 Wrote:

Hey

My installation has only the jellyfin add on, which i already excluded as bring the culprit by removing it completely. Issue still happened. Other than that it's only Kodi + smb shares set up.

I suspect it might be Kodi 19 or maybe server related. The server has more or less the same age as my kodi 19 installation so it's difficult to tell.

Cheers
I have both the standard 19.0 and this one running over SMB from a Win10 server.  I never have a stream exit prematurely.  Seems likely you have a network or server issue
[font][font]When installing this version of kodi on my Android TV, it is stuck when playing movies, and the color is also very bleak, let alone Dolby Vision, even HDR10 cannot be activated. While installing the official version of Kodi Matrix 19, although Dolby Vision cannot be activated, everything else is normal. Does this version of kodi have any special requirements for the hardware?[/font][/font]
I registered purely to say thank you.  I was having issues playing Dolby Vision/Atmos content from my 4k UHD rips on plex, I was getting a little stutter between Atmos and Dolby Surround, and the Vision wasn't consistently playing thru, sometimes it would start at HDR10 until I restarted it.

I play entirely thru a USB external HDD right now, so I had no need for server, but I knew Kodi (officially apparently) had issues with Dolby Vision, which I'm a big fan of.  I was able to sideload this, and all the Vision and Atmos content I've tried so far is working flawlessly!  I'll need to look into some ways to maybe make it a prettier set up, if that is a thing, but otherwise, it is working exactly like I hoped something would.  Thanks for all the hard work making this happen!
(2021-04-27, 21:03)JimVR4 Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 22:45)MMeirolas1 Wrote:
(2021-04-26, 22:22)eric_m91 Wrote: Does it happen on the original Kodi 19 version as well or you didn't test?

Hey

Cheers
I have both the standard 19.0 and this one running over SMB from a Win10 server.  I never have a stream exit prematurely.  Seems likely you have a network or server issue

Thx for your reply... I think it should be server related, would be glad if someone could look into it.

Weird is that i am almost always able to watch on my fire tv stick 4k, but on the shield pro it almost instantly crashes back to the android tv hone menu.

here the log:

https://pastebin.com/EyacSzua

Random exit happened at 10:14

Cheers

Edit: if i use the official build DV movies open as HDR. Is there a workaround? Files are named moviename (year) - [dv].mkv
@quietvoid 
The 32 bits version works flawlessly in firestick 4k playing DV Mel Mkv.
This also happens in the Google Chromecast with Google TV. I was hoping that, due to the fact that GCGT does not have the hardware limits of the Firestick, also the DV Fel Mkv could be played but they dont or , as in Firestick, play for 1 or 2 secs and stop. The official Matrix together with the Yusesope version of exoplayer, play them flawlessly in GCGT.
Is there any reason that your version do not act as the official Matrix+yusesope exoplayer?
Many thanks.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0