• 50(current)
Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
i also use a ugoos am6 plus with a matrix v7a build from maven. and for me no hd audio tracks work. Ac3 and Dts only. Dts-hd and Dolby true-hd do not output any sound (passthroug is activated) . In other players such as just player, dts-hd and dolby true-hd are played but the films are jerky. Only the Vlc player plays HD sound without jerking, but of course it can't do Dolby Vision

Edit: OK strange when I connect the ugoos to my receiver (and don't use earc) I have hd sound but the picture stutters. When I play the Sound without my Soundsystem (only over my TV it works). So maybe its an ugoos problem? 
the strange thing is that the vlc Player works without any issues

Edit2: OK I found out that the ugoos am6 plus can't passthrough dts-hd and dolby true-hd. I put the player back in the closet and use my zidoo z9x or shield 2019 again. They have no problems with Dv and dts-hd and Dolby true-hd
I had this on my FireStick. Changed audio device from Kodi packer to Android IEC and sound works again.

FireStick 2018, Malvern Matrix v7a
Hey guys... I want to try Mavin's build, but I believe it is for Matrix v 19.1. My Shield pro 2019 has already updated Kodi to v 19.3. Can I still install Mavin's build over the top of 19.3? If so, will it get "erased" when the next update happens on the Shield. Any info would be appreciated. 👍
(2021-11-04, 17:50)rshanti Wrote: Hey guys... I want to try Mavin's build, but I believe it is for Matrix v 19.1. My Shield pro 2019 has already updated Kodi to v 19.3. Can I still install Mavin's build over the top of 19.3? If so, will it get "erased" when the next update happens on the Shield. Any info would be appreciated. 👍

Maven's builds install with separate package name, so they will not overwrite your existing Kodi installation. You can copy the .kodi directory over so all you plugins and settings are copied.

Latest Maven's Matrix builds are 19.3. I haven't tested them myself though. Some Kodinerds member could perhaps write a brief update here what's changed in recent versions?
(2021-11-05, 10:39)Zuikkis Wrote:
(2021-11-04, 17:50)rshanti Wrote: Hey guys... I want to try Mavin's build, but I believe it is for Matrix v 19.1. My Shield pro 2019 has already updated Kodi to v 19.3. Can I still install Mavin's build over the top of 19.3? If so, will it get "erased" when the next update happens on the Shield. Any info would be appreciated. 👍

Maven's builds install with separate package name, so they will not overwrite your existing Kodi installation. You can copy the .kodi directory over so all you plugins and settings are copied.

Latest Maven's Matrix builds are 19.3. I haven't tested them myself though. Some Kodinerds member could perhaps write a brief update here what's changed in recent versions?

Hey,
from what I heard is that the Disney TrueHD audio passthrough is finally supported without dropouts.
So HD audio bitrates around 16.000kbps are now working and not creating cracks in replay anymore.

I was waiting for a fix for a while now. Can someone please apply the dolby vision mkv fix for the android build to v19.3?

That would ne deeply appreciated :-)

Thanks!
(2021-10-23, 17:00)mattmarsden Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 06:01)dysprosium Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 17:34)mattmarsden Wrote: Tested on Mavens Matrix build on my Minix U22 flashed with Ugoos AM6+ firmware and no atmos dropouts at all with Free Guy and Pirates of the Caribbean. Also DV FEL works well. Excellent job.

Hi Matt,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "DV FEL works well"? I'm testing on an Ugoos AM6+ (firmware 0.4.2), and using both the Matrix 19.0 32-bit apk built by fandangos in the original post of this thread, as well as the newest Matrix 19.2 kodinerds Maven 32-bit build (with the TrueHD fix, which is working well), I see the same behaviour which is that:
  • MEL mkvs work completely fine (trigger DV, can skip/seek without issues).
  • FEL mkvs are very hit and miss. I've found that restarting the box before attempting to play a FEL file gives the highest chance of success, but even then it's only about 1 in 3-5 times that the file will play smoothly with the EL being processed properly. Even in this case, if I skip/seek at all, it will start to exhibit frequent display resyncs/black screen/stuttering. However, sometimes it can settle down into "MEL mode" (i.e. stop attempting to process the EL), and then it will act just like a MEL mkv (which is completely smoothly, and skipping/seeking are fine). So, unless it's a movie where the difference between the EL being processed or discarded is very evident to the naked eye (I use Saving Private Ryan to test this, since if the EL is not processed but only the RPU is applied to the BL, you can tell at around the 2 min 20 s mark because the sky will be flashing crazily), it can appear like a FEL mkv is playing smoothly even though the EL is actually not being processed.
On your Minix U22-XJ flashed with AM6+ firmware, is this what you're seeing? Or when you say "DV FEL works well", does that mean that you're actually getting the EL to be processed reliably, and with seeking/skipping working?

Yes on my Minix U22-XJ flashed with AM6+ firmware DV FEL does work reliably - sometimes skips a bit initially but is then fine. I've tested with all the usual suspects - Saving Private Ryan at 2.30,Power Rangers, Total Recall etc and the FEL is definitely being processed. What you need to do to make the mkv work reliably is first use MakeMKV from the original Blu-Ray file structure (i.e. not a previously made 2 track DV mkv for example) and then re-mux with MKVtoolnix. This gives me good results. It would be nice to have it ironed out so there isn't pauses for a bit after seeking (only happens sometimes) - but I've watched lots of FEL movies on it now and am more than happy. As a bonus the PQ is a notch up from the Oppo - things like the chroma upsampling are much better on the AMlogic.

I am wondering if encryption makes the am6b+ buggy.... I have the feeling that it will be more stable on the minix with the same non encrypted firmware
(2021-10-25, 17:01)mattmarsden Wrote:
(2021-10-24, 21:43)dysprosium Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 17:00)mattmarsden Wrote: Yes on my Minix U22-XJ flashed with AM6+ firmware DV FEL does work reliably - sometimes skips a bit initially but is then fine. I've tested with all the usual suspects - Saving Private Ryan at 2.30,Power Rangers, Total Recall etc and the FEL is definitely being processed. What you need to do to make the mkv work reliably is first use MakeMKV from the original Blu-Ray file structure (i.e. not a previously made 2 track DV mkv for example) and then re-mux with MKVtoolnix. This gives me good results. It would be nice to have it ironed out so there isn't pauses for a bit after seeking (only happens sometimes) - but I've watched lots of FEL movies on it now and am more than happy. As a bonus the PQ is a notch up from the Oppo - things like the chroma upsampling are much better on the AMlogic.
I think you've mentioned before that you have both the AM6+ as well as the U22-XJ. If it wouldn't be too much trouble for you, would you be able to test the exact same FEL mkv on both devices, and see if FEL playback of that file is reliable on both or only on the U22-XJ? That way, we can narrow down if it's your method of preparing the remux, or if the U22-XJ with AM6+ firmware is actually superior than the AM6+ with the same firmware (which seems odd given that they have the same chipset). If you are able to confirm, it would help inform if I need to buy a U22-XJ for reliable FEL playback.

Thanks matt.

Yes they definitely perform better on the Minix than the Ugoos which I don't understand as they are same hardware and with the same firmware! But definitely in some way that it handles DV is different. For example profile 5 mkvs (for example Mandalorian WEB-DL) wouldn't play properly on the Ugoos, I got soe flashing and other artifacts - they play perfectly on the Minix. Don't get me wrong, playback of FEL isn't perfect on the Minix but is a lot better than the Ugoos. Best bet is to get it from somewhere like Amazon and if you're not happy, send it back.

When I was testing the minix ( shipped back because I thought ugoos was better Sad ..lol._)... I remember beeing able to play p5 dovi. I was also able to put the box in full range rgb , if memory serves me right...not on ugoos. I am pretty sure the rgb tunneling process is screwed on ugoos ( i just tested a sony  800m2 blu-ray drive and the picture  ( better on sony) was night and day vs the ugoos.
The build quality is also better on the minix
(2021-10-23, 17:00)mattmarsden Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 06:01)dysprosium Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 17:34)mattmarsden Wrote: Tested on Mavens Matrix build on my Minix U22 flashed with Ugoos AM6+ firmware and no atmos dropouts at all with Free Guy and Pirates of the Caribbean. Also DV FEL works well. Excellent job.

Hi Matt,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "DV FEL works well"? I'm testing on an Ugoos AM6+ (firmware 0.4.2), and using both the Matrix 19.0 32-bit apk built by fandangos in the original post of this thread, as well as the newest Matrix 19.2 kodinerds Maven 32-bit build (with the TrueHD fix, which is working well), I see the same behaviour which is that:
  • MEL mkvs work completely fine (trigger DV, can skip/seek without issues).
  • FEL mkvs are very hit and miss. I've found that restarting the box before attempting to play a FEL file gives the highest chance of success, but even then it's only about 1 in 3-5 times that the file will play smoothly with the EL being processed properly. Even in this case, if I skip/seek at all, it will start to exhibit frequent display resyncs/black screen/stuttering. However, sometimes it can settle down into "MEL mode" (i.e. stop attempting to process the EL), and then it will act just like a MEL mkv (which is completely smoothly, and skipping/seeking are fine). So, unless it's a movie where the difference between the EL being processed or discarded is very evident to the naked eye (I use Saving Private Ryan to test this, since if the EL is not processed but only the RPU is applied to the BL, you can tell at around the 2 min 20 s mark because the sky will be flashing crazily), it can appear like a FEL mkv is playing smoothly even though the EL is actually not being processed.
On your Minix U22-XJ flashed with AM6+ firmware, is this what you're seeing? Or when you say "DV FEL works well", does that mean that you're actually getting the EL to be processed reliably, and with seeking/skipping working?

Yes on my Minix U22-XJ flashed with AM6+ firmware DV FEL does work reliably - sometimes skips a bit initially but is then fine. I've tested with all the usual suspects - Saving Private Ryan at 2.30,Power Rangers, Total Recall etc and the FEL is definitely being processed. What you need to do to make the mkv work reliably is first use MakeMKV from the original Blu-Ray file structure (i.e. not a previously made 2 track DV mkv for example) and then re-mux with MKVtoolnix. This gives me good results. It would be nice to have it ironed out so there isn't pauses for a bit after seeking (only happens sometimes) - but I've watched lots of FEL movies on it now and am more than happy. As a bonus the PQ is a notch up from the Oppo - things like the chroma upsampling are much better on the AMlogic.
With afr on and the screen initially set to 2160p. Does it go back to 1080p if played with the default movieplayer. ( dolby vision content )
When I installed the build listed on the first page of this thread, the Kodi version that shows up on the screen when I launch the new (separate) build is version 19.0  My older (original) Kodi build shows 19.3 when I launch it.  Is there a different place to download Maven's 19.3 build?  I  must be missing something...
(2021-11-11, 23:35)rshanti Wrote: When I installed the build listed on the first page of this thread, the Kodi version that shows up on the screen when I launch the new (separate) build is version 19.0  My older (original) Kodi build shows 19.3 when I launch it.  Is there a different place to download Maven's 19.3 build?  I  must be missing something...

Yeah. Links are found in this German thread: https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...r-Android/

You might want to wait a little, the latest micro stutter fixes are not included yet (I think)..
I have been pulling my hair out for a long time wondering why Dolby Vision MKV's look purple on Kodi and I am so happy to find this thread where I learned about Kodinerds Smile

Does only the Kodinerds 19 (Matrix) version have the fixes to be able to play Dolby Vision MKV's properly or will Kodinerds 20 (Nexus) builds also work?

Also when will if at all will the official Kodi builds include the fixes needed to play back Dolby Vision MKV's properly without looking purple?
(2021-11-14, 21:56)gate1975mlm Wrote: Also when will if at all will the official Kodi builds include the fixes needed to play back Dolby Vision MKV's properly without looking purple?

Soonest is 20 Nexus, but it's not all the way there for every device yet.
Hi, When I play a movie with Dolby Vision it plays well from the start of the file (mkv), but if I jump to another chapter it starts to lag. Like it plays well for 10 seconds and then freezes for 3 sec. 

And this happens on most files but not all. Some video files play DV without problem even if I change chapter. 

Is this a Kodi player problem and it will be fixed or is it something else?
Any suggestions or tutorial steps for how to re-enable network share once switched to the "Dolby Vision Capable" version of Kodi? As soon as I switch the green and purple colouration stops and the TV detects Dolby Vision from my Nvidia ShieldTV though no ability to see the network drives when in Kodi, while the ShieldTV itself does recognize and connect to the drives in storage from settings.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0