Release Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
(2021-02-28, 02:38)MrMagic Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 14:09)chrisssj2 Wrote: Is this threads buiilt better then the official one we have now for DV?

People should really read this thread first before asking the same question over and over again...

The official Kodi 19 build only supports DV for MP4 files and InputStream Adaptive streams, NOT FOR MKVs!

The build in this thread has been compiled with a different version of ffmpeg that allows detection of DV video streams in MKV files and telling your device's video decoder to treat them as DV streams.

Well it does get confusing as I've heard from several people that Dolby Vision works great with Kodi 19 including mkv's. They must be mistaken.

Is it worth using the modded 18.9 version (titled kodi-18.9-dv_slow_sources_fix_2.apk)? From this thread and the other one, some people say it's choppy while others say DV content plays smoothly.

Right now I'm using yusecope's modded ExoPlayer and I have the playercorefactory.xml to tell Kodi to use this for files with DV in the filename. It works great however it would be nice to be able to use the default player for everything as the ExoPlayer can't remember your progress if you stop a video and there are some occasional audio sync issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV - by Reckoner89 - 2021-02-28, 03:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV0