• 2(current)
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?
That did the trick. Solved!! 😁😁😁

Thank you to everyone that assisted.
Thread marked solved.
(2021-02-21, 08:00)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.
I have same issue "couldnt connect to network server".

The suggested fixes did nothing for me.
(2021-02-21, 15:45)skrotarn Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 08:00)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.
I have same issue "couldnt connect to network server".

The suggested fixes did nothing for me.
Edit;
Seemed as i have to put a user name + password in kodi eventhough its invalid. Now i can see my share.
Hi, Not sure if I should start a new thread but my issue seems similar enough.
My Shield (tube) updated to Matrix and my smb files (movies&tvshows) Are in the library but not in "media sources" My drives are connected to the tube via smb so that may be where the library is getting them but the drives are not showing inside of Kodi. Anybody else seeing this?
I have the same issue as well, i tried changing my settings as recommended earlier in the thread to Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3 but I still can't mount any smb shares anymore, this was previously working fine on kodi 18.x. I have an nvidia shield tv (2019) that i'm using and I have the shares mounted on the shield itself and kodi wont recognize that anymore either.
(2021-02-22, 00:25)dpw2atox Wrote: I have the same issue as well, i tried changing my settings as recommended earlier in the thread to Settings -> Services -> SMBclient -> Minimum = V1, Maximum = V3 but I still can't mount any smb shares anymore, this was previously working fine on kodi 18.x. I have an nvidia shield tv (2019) that i'm using and I have the shares mounted on the shield itself and kodi wont recognize that anymore either.

Unfortunately, I'm facing the same issue. After 3h hours of attempts I still can't see the shared folder of my Synology NAS that is compatible with SMBv1.
Adding the IP@ doesn't solve the problem.

Errors are "Operation not permitted" or "Unknown error 8216".

It's not the first time that a Kodi upgrade generates SMB problem but the first time that no settings solve them.
(2021-02-20, 10:35)pellajl Wrote: Before the upgrade to Matrix, I was able to access all my media files on my NAS.

After the upgrade, Kodi (Android) no longer can see netwok resources using SMB. In previous versions, you would see "WORKGROUP" and then drill down to the resource you wanted.

If you select the file shortcut that were migrated from V18, you get the the error "Software caused connection aborted".

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix in the pipeline?

Hello. I had the same problem you describe after updating. What I did and it worked for me was the following. Go to settings. Services. SMB client. Minimum protocol version you must change "none" to SMBv1
Kodi 18.x also worked fine for me on my shield tv, I could access my files from the PC. But also here after the auto update to 19 version error message not permitted 
Solutions like above does not work please help me
(2021-02-22, 10:12)sjaakvg Wrote: Kodi 18.x also worked fine for me on my shield tv, I could access my files from the PC. But also here after the auto update to 19 version error message not permitted 
Solutions like above does not work please help me

same for me, autoupdate to kodi 19 and none of my smb shared folders is working anymore.....
i found a solution

put a password for your windows account

in kodi password.xml add this

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://IP ADRESS/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@IP ADRESSS/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

it 's working for me but i have to type a password each time i'm logging to windows
(2021-02-22, 14:28)dkangel Wrote: i found a solution

put a password for your windows account

in kodi password.xml add this

<passwords>
    <path>
    </path>
</passwords>

it 's working for me but i have to type a password each time i'm logging to windows
I am logging in to windows with a pincode is that oke to instead of password??
Yes worth stating that guest users no longer work and you need an user/pass now in V19.

This was identified during testing and I was hoping it would have been included as a known issue on release.

Changing to a new user/pass combo will likely also help if you already have one.
(2021-02-22, 14:28)dkangel Wrote: in kodi password.xml add this

<passwords>
    <path>
    </path>
</passwords>

Can you help me a little more to put that xml data in kodi because I'm just a beginner thanks in advance
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to Matrix - SMB Broken?0