• 2(current)
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support
Also wanted to say thanks, this skin has been my default.

Any chance anyone knows if it's on github so 'we' can try and fork it ?
you can find it here: https://gitlab.com/ronie/skin.transparency
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2021-03-03, 11:12)ronie Wrote: you can find it here: https://gitlab.com/ronie/skin.transparency

Thank you, and thank you again for supporting this skin for so long !
(2021-03-02, 14:21)PhilYHC Wrote: as for your artwork issue, i had the same solved by doing the following:

for movies you need MOVIENAME-poster.jpg AND MOVIENAME-thumb.jpg
for tvshows you need season0X-poster.jpg

Would this be for local files? I’m trying to avoid local art for as long as I can, do you have any suggestions for remote art? I’m able to set the artwork in the file information extras section, but then they don’t get shown.
(2021-03-04, 08:21)hhjrxymos Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 14:21)PhilYHC Wrote: as for your artwork issue, i had the same solved by doing the following:

for movies you need MOVIENAME-poster.jpg AND MOVIENAME-thumb.jpg
for tvshows you need season0X-poster.jpg

Would this be for local files? I’m trying to avoid local art for as long as I can, do you have any suggestions for remote art? I’m able to set the artwork in the file information extras section, but then they don’t get shown.
yes, all local artwork.
i dont use remote art at all but you could try scraping the "thumbnail" and "poster" under artwork to use the same image.
(2021-03-03, 11:17)cooljimy84 Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 11:12)ronie Wrote: you can find it here: https://gitlab.com/ronie/skin.transparency

Thank you, and thank you again for supporting this skin for so long !
I join you in thanking @ronie for the awesome skin he regaled us with for all these years.

And I strongly hope you'll be able to fork it successfully, if at all possible.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Out of curiosity I checked my forum history to see how long I've been using Transparency! - since at least v1.03 back in 2009 (!) when I moved from original XBox hardware to a mini HTPC.
12 years of beating the various competitor skins I tried over all that time is a hell of a record. 
Thanks for the immense amount of work you've done on this, let alone all your other XBMC/Kodi contributions  @ronie  Cool

Naturally I couldn't let it end here, since I *still* haven't found another skin that has all the features I have come accustomed to having on hand in Transparency, along with all my little personalisations.
I backed up my current LibreELEC/Kodi 18/Transparency system and upgraded in place with the latest LibreELEC 10/Kodi 19 beta and was pleased to find that after finessing the plugin updates & @oscar13sd & @hhjrxymos's tweaks almost everything still works as expected.
There are 3 or 4 plugins I use that don't yet have Kodi19/Python3 compatible versions so I won't be switching to this setup fully for a while yet, but it's reassuring to know that the chances are good I will eventually have all the lastest Kodi "shiny" along with good old Transparency too.  Big Grin
(2021-04-02, 06:16)kurai Wrote: Thanks for the immense amount of work you've done on this, let alone all your other XBMC/Kodi contributions  @ronie  Cool

I like to stress this point as well: Thank you @ronie for your work over the years!
i'm so so sad that Transparency seem to stop. 

I enjoy this magnific skin for many many years.... 

i can pay for a new version.... I 'm sure lot of yours should be agree.

Big thanks to the developper !!!

Ronie many many thanks for yeayrs support of this bieutifull skin Transparency !! Familly love it for many years !! 

Just to know, what do you think of this to run transparency in V19 (see this post here on page 1 by oscar13sd) :
In case anyone is trying to get this to work for v19.  I downloaded the source as a zip file from "https://gitlab.com/ronie/skin.transparency/".  Then edited the following three lines in addon.xml:
<addon id="skin.transparency" name="Transparency!" provider-name="ronie" version="11.1.0">
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0" />
<!-- <import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.30" /> -->

Many thanks for your advice.
Damn, just found out about this - thanks for all the years of a beautified interface @ronie !!! :-)
I also just learned about this, and am saddened by the news.

I remember hearing about XBMC, trying it out and being disappointed in the ugly interface!  I was not inclined to show off my movie collection to any friends or family. Then I joined this forum in 2010, learned about alternate skins, tried Transparency and started bragging long and loud about my setup to any unfortunate visitor to my home.

Thanks ronie for your efforts with Transparency and your continued contributions to Kodi.

tobor

P.S. I've got to get around to changing that quote in my signature one of these days.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
@ronie Thank you for all the years of work for this. I upgraded to 19 and was devastated that I couldn't have the transparency skin anymore.  I am so glad I found this forum thread and was able to get transparency installed on my boxes again.  I wanted to ask you if it was ok to clone your repo and work on getting it packaged up for 19+?  I know you pointed to your repo but you didn't explicitly say it was ok to fork and add back to Kodi as a skin.  Just want to be very sure I wouldn't be stepping on any toes. Smile 

IMO this is the best skin for Kodi, EVER!
@konetzed If you do get @ronie 's blessing that would be awesome  Cool
I've been using Transparency with LibreELEC 10.0 (Kodi Matrix 19.1 base) and got *nearly* everything working, but there a few of rough edges that are beyond my very limited skinning skills to resolve.
Some are straight up issues with me only having a superficial knowledge of skin construction and a few are down to addon components that have issues (or are are completely missing) in the Python 2 to 3 transition.

I would be a very willing tester/guinea pig for a proper Matrix19 build  Angel
(2021-08-30, 04:02)konetzed Wrote: @ronie Thank you for all the years of work for this. I upgraded to 19 and was devastated that I couldn't have the transparency skin anymore.  I am so glad I found this forum thread and was able to get transparency installed on my boxes again.  I wanted to ask you if it was ok to clone your repo and work on getting it packaged up for 19+?  I know you pointed to your repo but you didn't explicitly say it was ok to fork and add back to Kodi as a skin.  Just want to be very sure I wouldn't be stepping on any toes. Smile 

IMO this is the best skin for Kodi, EVER!
Did Ronie reply privately or has this question remained unanswered for three weeks now?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" support0