Black screen Samsung Galaxy tab s7 plus
Upgraded to version 19 last night. Initially I did it while keeping my data intact, this resulted in my tablet which is running Android 11 by the way freezing during the migration process. The next thing I did was deleted all of my data and started with a completely fresh install. Kodi 19 started the first time and brought me to the main menu. However when I closed the app and attempted to reopen it while making absolutely zero changes all I would see is a black screen instead of the main menu that I'm used to seeing. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I wanted to post something so that people can be made aware
Same problem with clean install!
Got a Tab 7 (no PLus). Same issue. Only after setting display refresh rate to 60Hz Matrix is able to start and run correctly. But that's no solution. Got the tablet because of the 120Hz refresh.
Solution for now is install the F-Droid version 18.9 and skip 19.0. In the F-Droid updater you can disable further updates of the app. So till a solution is made available I just will be using 18.9.
You don't need to permanently set 60Hz, instead use the Bixby routine to switch to 60Hz when you start Kodi and to restore the original settings when you turn it off.
I have the exact same problem with the Samsung S7+ latest Android and Kodi.  60hz or 120hz the app still does the black screen.  All directories/data deleted and reinstall with same black screen.  Previous version worked ok.
Got 19.0 and 19.2 working by changing to 60hz refresh and several reinstalls.  Now to install Add-Ons and getting them to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen Samsung Galaxy tab s7 plus0