Pi or Stereo losing audio
I have an RPi 4, 4GB. LibreElec with the latest update attached to a Yamaha receiver through HDMI.

I have this set up in two rooms with identical Pis and identical receivers. All identical settings.

One of the setups loses audio after being idle for an undetermined length of time and does not come back unless I reboot. 

I have tried some line changes seen on this forum about certain switches in the config file and I have the settings set to keep audio alive.

Has anyone experienced this before?
yes, same here.  me too.  etc.
what would be most helpful to me is an explanation of the different audio options in settings-system-audio and how they work/what their...intricacies are.
HDMI passes audio to my display, which has a TOSLINK optical output to my (legacy) Panasonic CD/DVD changer/player 5.1 combo unit - 

On my RasPi 4, should I leave the above audio setting at the default ALSA HDMI, should I select non-ALSA HDMI, or what about the PI selection?

What's the config/logic tree/routing in linux/debian? (I'm using the latest v19 xbian)...should I ask on their forum?  

Help?  Anyone?
(2021-02-28, 02:50)hootie318 Wrote: One of the setups loses audio after being idle for an undetermined length of time and does not come back unless I reboot.
Can you swap the two Pi's over? Does the problem stay with the Pi or stay with the receiver?
(2021-03-02, 13:19)popcornmix Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 02:50)hootie318 Wrote: One of the setups loses audio after being idle for an undetermined length of time and does not come back unless I reboot.
Can you swap the two Pi's over? Does the problem stay with the Pi or stay with the receiver?

Stays with the receiver. I didnt see this reply because I had found a post where I had to change something in the config to a -1. I just reformated this one and now I cannot find the setting that I changed.
(2021-06-08, 21:45)hootie318 Wrote: Stays with the receiver. I didnt see this reply because I had found a post where I had to change something in the config to a -1. I just reformated this one and now I cannot find the setting that I changed.

Any clues as to what you changed? Are you talking about config files (like confix.txt or advancedsettings.xml)
Or something in the settings menu?
(2021-06-09, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2021-06-08, 21:45)hootie318 Wrote: Stays with the receiver. I didnt see this reply because I had found a post where I had to change something in the config to a -1. I just reformated this one and now I cannot find the setting that I changed.

Any clues as to what you changed? Are you talking about config files (like confix.txt or advancedsettings.xml)
Or something in the settings menu?
I just found it an hour ago. I enabled the line: hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi or Stereo losing audio0