v18 removing directories from music scan
In Kodi 18.7 on Linux, I moved my music directory to a new larger disk (keeping the old one). But now Kodi keeps scanning both directories. I cannot figure out how to remove the old directory from my scans. All the remove options I can find either delete the directory itself or unmount the disk.

Also, I screwed up the scan cron settings and cannot figure out how to change them.
I am using the Watchdog add-on.
Is this any help? 
https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Libr...ove_Source
(2021-03-02, 19:39)dubwat Wrote: ImageIs this any help? 
https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Libr...ove_Source
The above post shows Imageinstructions. But When I navigate to files in the first slide, I get a screen titled Music/Files, and the menu has no way to remove a source.
If you navigate to settings->Media->Music, does it then list your sources in there?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-03-02, 22:31)black_eagle Wrote: If you navigate to settings->Media->Music, does it then list your sources in there?

No, it lists a bunch of options. Library/Music/Files lists disks1, but the right-click options only let me remove it safely (unmount) or add it.
OK, that sounds distinctly odd to me.  How are your drives mounted in the first place, fstab ?
(2021-03-02, 23:45)black_eagle Wrote: OK, that sounds distinctly odd to me.  How are your drives mounted in the first place, fstab ?

fstab. OpenSUSE LEAP 15.2
Well, I have checked on two of my Linux systems (Ubuntu 18.04 & 20.04) and the only way I can get Kodi to remove a drive is if it hasn't been added as a source and then scanned into the library.  If all your info is held locally so that you don't need to scrape the internet for it all then it might just be easier to drop the sources.xml (or edit out the paths in it) and drop the music db and rescan the lot.
(2021-03-03, 01:14)black_eagle Wrote: Well, I have checked on two of my Linux systems (Ubuntu 18.04 & 20.04) and the only way I can get Kodi to remove a drive is if it hasn't been added as a source and then scanned into the library.  If all your info is held locally so that you don't need to scrape the internet for it all then it might just be easier to drop the sources.xml (or edit out the paths in it) and drop the music db and rescan the lot.
That is what I concluded. It is a bug. The documentation is wrong. It needs to be fixed. Where is sources.xml?
sources.xml can be found in ~/.kodi/userdata , similarly if you are using local databases and not shared MySQL/Mariadb db's then those can be found in the Database sub-directory of your userdata directory.

As to it being a bug, I'll have to do some testing to confirm if that is indeed the case.  I have never tried adding an entire drive as a source before, either for video or music but I can test it and see what happens.  I guess this is how you added it ?
Not an entire drive, but its Music subdirectory. The problem is that I have multiple backups of my >2TB music collection. I ran out of space on one drive, so bought a new drive and added it. Then I could not remove the old drive Music directory from the scan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
removing directories from music scan0