TV Shows - Folder structure issue
I've got a lot of TV shows on a large drive, that are backed up on several smaller drives.

I separated the collection into several folders, correlating to the drives they are backed up on, so that I can stay on top of the backups.

TV > DISC NAME > TV SHOW TITLE > SEASON > FILES

My issue is that I want to simply add the TV folder, but then it takes the disc name as the name of the show so it can't scrape.

Ages ago I went through and added all of the folders, which took quite a time. It makes it a real pain to setup fresh, and seems to regulary cause issues, and I don't know which share has the issue, so I have to start again. I've also got several devices with kodi.

Is there a way I can tell kodi to bypass the disc name folder? Or any other innovative solutions?
Disc Name - Is this the DVD/Bluray disk name, or your Hard Drive disk name. I guess Hard drive name by your context.

Your problem sounds like you have set TV as the Source in Kodi. You should set "Disc Name" as the Source.

How many "Disc Name" folders do you have?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-06, 02:05)Karellen Wrote: Disc Name - Is this the DVD/Bluray disk name, or your Hard Drive disk name. I guess Hard drive name by your context.

Your problem sounds like you have set TV as the Source in Kodi. You should set "Disc Name" as the Source.

How many "Disc Name" folders do you have?

The disc name refers to what backup disc it's on. I'm not sure you've understood what I meant.

I have added multiple sources, as you say, at the disc name folder level.

What I want to do, is add the overall folder (TV) as a source, and tell kodi how to deal with it.

As I said, adding that many sources has caused various issues.
(2021-03-06, 02:10)lardie Wrote: What I want to do, is add the overall folder (TV) as a source, and tell kodi how to deal with it.
Ok, add the "TV" folder, and leave the content set to None. ie don't set movies or tv shows.

It is your Disc Name folders that will have their content set to TV Shows.

Also make sure the setting "Contains a single tv show" is disabled for your "Disc Name" sources.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-06, 02:17)Karellen Wrote: It is your Disc Name folders that will have their content set to TV Shows.
So it's possible! That's great, thank you so much! I'm not sure how to do this bit, but will have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows - Folder structure issue0