• 2(current)
Android Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?
The frame skips seem so random. I can play something and have skips every 3 seconds. Stop and resume and it can change to every 30 seconds. Even pausing and unpausing changes the skipping behaviour. One thing is obvious to me, it gets worse the longer I watch. The skips get more frequent as time passes, and stuttering eventually gets introduced, and eventually the audio starts dropping out.

Have rolled back to 18.9. All frame skip issues are gone. Happy again.
Sorry that I can't deliver a log file, I switched back to 18.9 too quickly. But also with me these drops occur in connection with Matrix and a shield 2017. There have always been small double drops every 30-40 seconds. After I set the number of buffers used by graphics driver from 3 to 2, these drops were significantly less. You had to look for them, but they were there. With Kodi 18.9 everything is wonderful again.
^^ yeah the double drop, same. Eventually for me larger stutters were introduced the longer i watched, and as indicated above, audio would start dropping occasionally after playing for a while. I did play with the buffer too but it didn't make a significant difference for me. These issues don't occur for me on 18.9. 2019 Shield Pro.
I also believe that this stuttering issue with v19 Matrix mostly affects Shield 2017... I have since switched to 18.9 and everything is 100% smooth again.
(2021-03-14, 08:17)Draconix Wrote: I also believe that this stuttering issue with v19 Matrix mostly affects Shield 2017... I have since switched to 18.9 and everything is 100% smooth again.

So I can copy the Leia file to the shield but Xplore will not install starts the install progress then says not installed driving me nuts to be honest
(2021-03-14, 20:50)chuzzwuzza Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 08:17)Draconix Wrote: I also believe that this stuttering issue with v19 Matrix mostly affects Shield 2017... I have since switched to 18.9 and everything is 100% smooth again.

So I can copy the Leia file to the shield but Xplore will not install starts the install progress then says not installed driving me nuts to be honest
(2021-03-14, 21:03)chuzzwuzza Wrote:

Just tried the nightly aswell and Xplore does not install. I have a brick under the TV sigh
This a Tube 2019 version so just done a factory reset same outcome but must ask who in there right mind puts BETAS on the Google Play store .....

I had to uninstall 19.0 first.
You will loose all your database etc as I believe 19.0 converted it so now not compatible....
Just be aware.... also turn off auto-update function.
(2021-03-14, 23:46)chuzzwuzza Wrote: This a Tube 2019 version so just done a factory reset same outcome but must ask who in there right mind puts BETAS on the Google Play store .....
Hello,

If you have the Tube version, You need to install the 32bit version that you can find here
And for sure, you will have to uninstall the 19.0 version before.
(2021-03-15, 07:42)supertoto1977 Wrote: If you have the Tube version, You need to install the 32bit version that you can find here

Yeah definitely need to uninstall v19 first... you'll need to start fresh but its worth it. I also recommend getting the apk from the F-Droid site, that one doesn't auto-update so I don't have to turn off automatic updates in the Google Play Store. Installed the apk with X-Plore and everything is working great!
No need to lose your data if you follow these instructions -

Using adbLink connect to your device.
Select Uninstall APK, select org.xbmc.kodi - making sure to tick -k (keep app data) - and uninstall it.
Reboot your device.
Reconnect adbLink, select Install APK and select the downloaded version of Kodi you want to install.
Smile 
(2021-03-15, 07:42)supertoto1977 Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 23:46)chuzzwuzza Wrote: This a Tube 2019 version so just done a factory reset same outcome but must ask who in there right mind puts BETAS on the Google Play store .....
Hello,

If you have the Tube version, You need to install the 32bit version that you can find here

Super you are Sir ..... Give us a Kiss 😁 hahaha cant belive I got it working ..... Thanks Man and whode a thunk it was 32 bit program 👍😜 and turned off auto updates
Maybe it's a Sony tv or a receiver issue? I have the new shield tv pro 2019 and I'm having the same issue in 19.0. My tv is the Sony x900h.
I was also getting frame drops/skips with my Shield Pro 2019. Reverted back to the previous version. No problems with 18.9.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?0