• 11(current)
Android Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?
(2021-09-28, 10:27)imarco Wrote: Hi,
On a shield 2017, i have the same problem for months and i think it's following an update of the shield rather than kodi's update.
I noticed there is the same problem (but much worse with nova player).

I'm not sure but i think the shield is responsible for that.

For me Nova player is super smooth. No issues. Kodi does display the issue.
Can someone post a link to a compiled apk with fritsch's patch? I'm getting prepared to roll back to 18.9 as the stuttering has finally gotten to me to the point that I'm willing to start from scratch.

I would love to use this instead, especially if it can be applied as a simple update to 19.1 while keeping my settings intact.
Hello,

@crutzulee 
Kodi 19.2 seems to be released soon. There's a PR to change the version number of the Matrix branch.
I did this morning a new package from latest Matrix branch and the version change PR + the passthrough fix + a personal fix on VSyncOff management (to avoid micro stutter on 1080p/23,976fps resolution on 4K receiver when the VSyncOff decreases strongly after a while).
So the new package is 19.2 and it will replace your current version.

It's available here for 64bit system only (nvidia shield except 2019 tube).

Don't hesitate to confirm that it solves or not the passthrough issue.
(2021-10-03, 09:44)supertoto1977 Wrote: Hello,

@crutzulee 
Kodi 19.2 seems to be released soon. There's a PR to change the version number of the Matrix branch.
I did this morning a new package from latest Matrix branch and the version change PR + the passthrough fix + a personal fix on VSyncOff management (to avoid micro stutter on 1080p/23,976fps resolution on 4K receiver when the VSyncOff decreases strongly after a while).
So the new package is 19.2 and it will replace your current version.

It's available here for 64bit system only (nvidia shield except 2019 tube).

Don't hesitate to confirm that it solves or not the passthrough issue.

Thanks, I was about to download and install when I realized that it's labeled as an AUDIO fix. I want to fix the micro stuttering that I seem to be having but don't want to introduce another issue. My audio is set to passthrough and it currently works flawlessly. DD, TrueHD, DTSHD Master, DTSX and Atmos all report perfectly from my 2017 SHIELD to my Denon 4500 amp.

What exactly is the passthrough issue?
(2021-10-04, 16:16)crutzulee Wrote: Thanks, I was about to download and install when I realized that it's labeled as an AUDIO fix. I want to fix the micro stuttering that I seem to be having but don't want to introduce another issue. My audio is set to passthrough and it currently works flawlessly. DD, TrueHD, DTSHD Master, DTSX and Atmos all report perfectly from my 2017 SHIELD to my Denon 4500 amp.

What exactly is the passthrough issue?

Microstuttering is caused by audio/video sync issues. So it is "audio fix".

Disabling passthrough fixes it too, because then Kodi can control audio speed instead of skipping frames on video.. I prefer this setup, have no stuttering issues.
Zuikkis is right

Stutters are due to video/audio sync issues.
The code which manages the audio on android has some changes with the 19.x.
@supertoto1977 Does your latest build only contain @fritsch 's fix or also your rollback from Kodi 18.9?
(2021-10-04, 20:52)MrMagic Wrote: @supertoto1977 Does your latest build only contain @fritsch 's fix or also your rollback from Kodi 18.9?
@MrMagic 
It contains only the fritsch's fix.
Hi @supertoto1977,

some days ago, I checked your second build and couldn't see any microstuttering. But I have to say, that there are other users in the kodinerds forum, which told me that it wasn't solved for them. Besides I had the microstutter mostly with dolby vision and dolby atmos (truehd) movies. Your builds do not support dolby vision. I didn't test your latest build.

Yesterday I asked @Maven to integrate @fritsch's fix into his custom matrix 19.2 dolby vision build for testing purposes. And I testet that build already. My typical frame skip movies didn't have the microstutter issues anymore, except for "Gemini Man". Gemini man works perfect on the shield pro 2019 in HDR. As soon as I use a dv custom build, the movie constantly skips frames. But that movie is a special case. It's the only official dolby vision / dolby atmos (truehd) movie with a frame rate of 59.94fps in the world. So, it's not a big deal to me. I heard that recent apple ios devices have the capability to make movies with 60fps and dolby vision. Not sure about that and no plan what that means for kodi.

So far I am happy, but I watched only the first 5 minutes of the movies. I have to watch one of them completely, to say for sure that it's working.

I don't have time for watching movies this weekend, because I am not at home.

Thanks @supertoto1977, @fritsch and @Maven for the time you investigated.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2021-10-08, 11:47)hoppel118 Wrote: Yesterday I asked @Maven to integrate @fritsch's fix into his custom matrix 19.2 dolby vision build for testing purposes.

Care to share it for wider testing?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3sbnts0gkzt1...2s-Oa?dl=0
(2021-10-08, 20:14)synci Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3sbnts0gkzt1...2s-Oa?dl=0

Yes, please use the following file:

kodinerds-test-20211007-e918887c87-Matrix-test-arm64-v8a.apk

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Was the @fritsch fix added to the 19.2 release?
(2021-10-09, 19:26)Alz3r Wrote: Was the @fritsch fix added to the 19.2 release?

No, you'll need the Kodi nerds test build for that.
(2021-10-09, 20:45)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-10-09, 19:26)Alz3r Wrote: Was the @fritsch fix added to the 19.2 release?

No, you'll need the Kodi nerds test build for that.

How come it was not included in the official release of 19.2 ?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?0