v19 Video flickering on pi2/3 when using direct to plane on kms
(2021-03-20, 17:05)graysky Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 14:13)barracuda Wrote: By the way, i did not reply to your question, when i zoom, i use the slide bar in the options of the movie playing back --> Zoom amount (alongside other options as deinterlace, vertical shift, pixel ratio....)

OK, I can reproduce this when I zoom using the zoom bar. Previously I was just cycling zoom levels via the 'z' key as mentioned.

The artifacts only seem to manifest on 10-bit content when I zoom above 1.00; below is fine.

(2021-03-20, 16:44)popcornmix Wrote: @barracuda use kms not fkms.
For higher specced 4k hevc you need enough cma memory. e.g. use:
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512

Arch ARM has been shipping a config.txt based on LibreLE's recommending 512 since they did more or less.
@graysky 
Oh, i have exactly the same issue, only for 10 bits hevc, above 1.00, never below, damn

EDIT : earlier this week, i installed LibreElec 10, and i had exactly the same issue, with Manjaro ARM as well
@graysky 
@popcornmix 

I know why the jellyfish video, even in hevc 10 bits does not show any green artefacts with "z" keys. Indeed, while cycling with "z" keys, on this video, you can notice that the resolution does not change (displayed at the top left of the screen), even if it displays zoom/wide zoom/strech 16:9/zoom 120% width or whatever zoom, the resolution stays the same, it's stucked at 1920x1080. So, the zoom, in reality, does not work apparently.

Nevertheless, zooming in works by using the slider in the settings of the video, in that case you can see the green artefacts. My TV is only a FullHD, so i cannot make some tests with 4K resolution.
Ah - this issue only occurs with 10-bit hevc.
8-bit hevc and h264 should be working correctly with zoom amounts > 1.00.

The 10-bit hevc is unrelated to the problem fixed with patches for 8-bit content.
I'll investigate it Monday.
(2021-03-20, 19:49)popcornmix Wrote: Ah - this issue only occurs with 10-bit hevc.
8-bit hevc and h264 should be working correctly with zoom amounts > 1.00

Exactly @popcornmix, indeed, i do not have any issue with h265 8-bit nor h264 with zooming above 1.00.
Thank you
Potential fix for zoom > 1.0 with 10-bit hevc here if anyone is building their own kernels.
(2021-03-22, 21:51)popcornmix Wrote: Potential fix for zoom > 1.0 with 10-bit hevc here if anyone is building their own kernels.

Amazing job.  Works on 10-bit HEVC content in both 1080p and 4k.  Zoom levels 0.5 - 2.0.

Updated Arch ARM's kernels here and here.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
@popcornmix Thanks a lot for the fix, it works perfectly, no more artefacts Smile
@graysky Thanks a lot for the updates in Arch ARM repo, i updated my system Smile
@popcornmix , @graysky 
After I've added the following line to /boot/cmdline.txt to align the screen, the flickering was back. Removing the line solves the issue again:video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60e,margin_left=56,margin_right=38,margin_top=28,margin_bottom=14
Hi

I get video flickering with direct to plane on osmc v19.1 rpi4 when using videowindow inside the skin.

When fullscreen playback is fine

EDIT: Here is a video of issue

Debug Log

For reference skin code using for videowindow

xml:
<control type="videowindow" id="11114">
                    <left>320</left>
                    <top>50</top>
                    <width>1280</width>
                    <height>720</height>
                    <animation effect="slide" start="-1920,0" end="0,0" delay="100" time="1000" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>   
                    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-1920,0" time="200" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="!Player.HasVideo">conditional</animation>   
                    <visible>Player.HasVideo + String.EndsWith(Player.FileNameAndPath,-trailer.mp4) + Control.IsVisible(51)</visible>
            </control>

@popcornmix any insight?
Any solution to this? Also encoutering the flickering in the preview window inside the TV menu using the confluence skin. Changing the rendering to EGL fixes this but I don't want to lose HEVC support
(2022-10-01, 17:12)supermax43 Wrote: Any solution to this? Also encoutering the flickering in the preview window inside the TV menu using the confluence skin. Changing the rendering to EGL fixes this but I don't want to lose HEVC support

I can reproduce this. I have a couple of workarounds, and I'm discussing what the best option is.
Okay i'm looking forward to a solution Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video flickering on pi2/3 when using direct to plane on kms0