Random Albums
What I want is a Random Albums widget that refreshes on a regular basis.  On some skins this works on others it does not

For reference I am on K19 using the old Horizon skin which has been ported over to Matrix and works really well.

I have tried creating a random album playlist but the problem is that it is static (once created never changes).  I have tried using autowidgets but that just threw out errors.

So a simply question, with either a simple or very complicated answer.  How do I create a widget that contains random albums that refreshes ever time I boot up kodi
(2021-04-01, 00:23)justin150 Wrote: What I want is a Random Albums widget that refreshes on a regular basis.  On some skins this works on others it does not

For reference I am on K19 using the old Horizon skin which has been ported over to Matrix and works really well.

I have tried creating a random album playlist but the problem is that it is static (once created never changes).  I have tried using autowidgets but that just threw out errors.

So a simply question, with either a simple or very complicated answer.  How do I create a widget that contains random albums that refreshes ever time I boot up
My Aeon MQ5 skin mod uses a couple of "official" addons, service.skin.widgets and script.randomandlastitems, that I have unofficially updated for python3/Matrix.  Skin widgets uses the music library as source and randomandlastitems uses a nominated playlist (in the skin, playlist that is set as main menu item).

Alternative that I don't use is to use dynamic content in the widget panel container definition and supply a smart playlist as part of the skin.  Not sure offhand about the random aspect of that.  Probably better to ask in the skin dev forum.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Albums0