Thumbnail image for TV recordings
I recall reading long ago about users wanting Kodi to automatically create a thumbnail image for their TV Recordings, similar to the episode thumbnails that are created for TV shows in the Kodi library.

I'm presuming this feature never actually got implemented for TV recordings for some reason? Or was it implemented, but only works with certain clients?
(2021-04-04, 14:06)Dumyat Wrote: I recall reading long ago about users wanting Kodi to automatically create a thumbnail image for their TV Recordings, similar to the episode thumbnails that are created for TV shows in the Kodi library.

I'm presuming this feature never actually got implemented for TV recordings for some reason? Or was it implemented, but only works with certain clients?
I think this is dependent on the backend.
In my case (dvblink/tvmosaic) thumbs are generated for recordings and presented to Kodi. I tested with tvh, were thumbs were not generated (thus sticking with tvmosiac Wink )
(2021-04-06, 15:52)Atreyu Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 14:06)Dumyat Wrote:  
Yeah, I just about remembered the discussion of people wanting the feature, but couldn't recall the detail on how it was supposed to work, ie if the backend did the work and provides a thumbnail image to Kodi or if it was supposed to be auto generated by Kodi once the recording completed.
From what you've said, it looks like it's the backend then (if supported).
That's another query solved.... Smile
(2021-04-07, 22:56)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 15:52)Atreyu Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 14:06)Dumyat Wrote:  
Yeah, I just about remembered the discussion of people wanting the feature, but couldn't recall the detail on how it was supposed to work, ie if the backend did the work and provides a thumbnail image to Kodi or if it was supposed to be auto generated by Kodi once the recording completed.
From what you've said, it looks like it's the backend then (if supported).
That's another query solved.... Smile
... and then there's the issue of skin support too. MythTV definitely generates a thumbnail, but the skin I'm using doesn't seem to use it. I'm presuming it is support in the theme that's missing, as other skins do use it (IIRC...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail image for TV recordings0